Angelfish in community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Will an angelfish be ok in a community tank with neon tetras, guppies, kuhli loaches, bronze xatfish and live plants?

Will an angelfish be ok in a community tank with neon tetras, guppies, kuhli loaches, bronze xatfish and live plants?
No. Neon tetras and guppies will be food. Neon tetras definitely. Even if you see them not hunting them. They will hunt when lights are off. I don't know about Kuhlis but I am sure Angels will nip them. Angles are very beautiful but mean. Always keep fish of same size or fast moving fish but again not very small. I keep German and Electric blue rams and glass catfish and black ghost with angels without any issues.

Angelfish will eat baby guppies but the adults should be fine. You population of neon tetras will probably diminish as the Angelfish grows. Best bet would be to buy a couple small ones and let them grow up with the neons.

I say the kuhlis would be fine, and a maybe to the guppies. But the poor neons are tasty snacks to hungry angels. Angelfish from what I've heard stay near the top of the tank, but kuhlis stay on the substrate for the most part. They are also very creative hiders who can squeeze into small spaces, so the kuhlis will definitely live.

The guppies will probably not do got. Kinda slow swimmers. But you never know. Good cover will save most fish. Everything else should be fine. Depending on tank size too.

Back
Top Bottom