Angelfish laid eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqua crew

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just noticed them today. My two angels have been guarding them with their life. Never in a million years did I think I'd see them lay eggs. So I'm a little caught off guard. And excuse the particles in the water. I was adding some sand.
Any special precautions I should now be taking? I realize how unwise it was for them to lay them on the filter intake.. But I'm not going to disturb them as I know my juvenile yellow lab would instantly snatch them up.

Attachments

• image-1274148927.jpg
    image-1274148927.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 49
that is a common place for them to spawn. mine spawn there all the time. if you could, close up that vent just above the eggs so none get sucked up. after a day or two, some may turn white, those are unfertilized eggs.

take a visit to the thread "wigglers at last", and you'll learn everything you need to know :D

that is a common place for them to spawn. mine spawn there all the time. if you could, close up that vent just above the eggs so none get sucked up. after a day or two, some may turn white, those are unfertilized eggs.

take a visit to the thread "wigglers at last", and you'll learn everything you need to know :D

Heaven sent. Thank you :)

if you have a tank you can move them to, that would probably be wise if you have other fish in the tank. the parents will guard they eggs, but sometimes......

As a matter of fact, this is their second spawn. Their first I had associated with some new plants I had entered into the tank, so I thought they were snails and swept them right off :( this time I definitely noticed the parental behaviour. Gah, poor eggs. The 46G they are in is the safest place right now. My 90G has much larger cichlids and my 29G is empty for transport.

I'd remove the yellow lab for sure, and any other cichlid for that matter, they will eat wigglers quickly

Back
Top Bottom