Angelfish tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slayer72

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently bought two dime sized Angelfish. They are currently in my QT but will be moved to a 40 gallon. My question is, are there any other small peaceful cichlids that can be housed with the Angelfish? I plan on using silk plants instead of live, I'm no good with plants. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

Smaller sized apistogrammas should work ( like rams) or any other S. American small cichlid. The thing to remember is that at dime size, the Angels are going to be fragile so you might want to wait for them to get good and established in the new tank before adding other fish or other cichlids.

Hope this helps

Smaller sized apistogrammas should work ( like rams) or any other S. American small cichlid. The thing to remember is that at dime size, the Angels are going to be fragile so you might want to wait for them to get good and established in the new tank before adding other fish or other cichlids.

Hope this helps

Rams, both Bolivians and German blues are in the genus mikrogeophagus, not apistogramma, just to avoid confusion

Rams, both Bolivians and German blues are in the genus mikrogeophagus, not apistogramma, just to avoid confusion

Honestly I'm not a fan of Rams. Apistos on the other hand are really beautiful IMO. Any suggestions on specific Apistos and numbers in a 40?

Back
Top Bottom