Angelfish with weird poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettalover333

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 6 months ago I brought home a fully grown pair of angels from my lfs and since then I've been having many problems with one of them. I've had an exceptionally hard time getting any weight on her, she eats like crazy but never seems to gain any weight. She's always had this strange poop also, very thick and pale (I'll attach pics). I treated the tank with Metroplex and Focus, thinking perhaps she had some sort of internal parasite, since I had also noted whittish poop in several of my other fish. All of the other fish seemed to get better after two weeks of the metro (I mixed it with frozen food every two days) and get quite plump, but this one angel still will not put on any weight. Any insight into what is possibly going on would be great. Perhaps constipation? Or a parasite that the metroplex couldn't expel? I really would like to figure out what is going on with her. Also, not sure if this is relevant, but the store I bought the angels from claimed they were a breeding pair, and the angels do act quite bonded and display mating behaviors like pecking at eachother and liplocking, they have never laid any eggs. Of course there's not a 100 percent guarantee that they are a pair, but generally the people at this lfs are pretty accurate.
Tank Specs:
120 Gallon Planted (currently just with a few bundles of crypts)
Lots of malaysian driftwood and slate
Pressurized CO2 20-30 ppm
x2 Marineland Aquatic Plant LED
Stocking:
-2 Angelfish
-1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami
-1 Female German Blue Ram
-3 Peppered Cory Cats
-6 Kuhli Loaches (not sure if it's actually still 6- I never see these guys)
-9 Harlequin Rasboras
-1 male guppy (his mother had a defect so I keep him in here so he can't impregnate any of the female guppies upstairs)
-2 BN Plecos
x2 Fluval 306
x2 200W Heaters
Temp 83 F
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrates: 15
pH: 6.4
Thanks!

Attachments

• 18a2a5f3-7288-4521-9acf-1cc44c3d31f2.jpg
    18a2a5f3-7288-4521-9acf-1cc44c3d31f2.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 105
Thanks!

I have some prazipro on hand, I'll start using it immediately. Thanks for your response.

Let is know how she does, please. A friend of mine has a GBR that's been exhibiting the same symptoms for a few months. I just asked if she tried any meds and she said only metro which didn't help.

Good luck! I hope she's recovering

Back
Top Bottom