Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zhuber

Aquarium Advice Freak
Mine just hangs around the top not moving much except to feed something up or no?

without having any real info its hard to tell what could be going on. a water test is the best thing to start with.

for what it's worth, angelfish can stare at something for hours (at least mine do lol), but it is of concern if they are at the top.

Sounds to me after looking at your profile your over stocked. If your plecos are breeding then they've got to be decent size and with two clown loaches and your other fish you're going to run into problems I think. I hope you're planning to upgrade in the future. Maybe parameters are off or maybe they're just feeling crowded, hard to tell without a water test, more info or pictures.

My plecos ones maybe two inches the other maybe three I do 20 percent change every other week and I use aqua safe chemical

zhuber said:
My plecos ones maybe two inches the other maybe three I do 20 percent change every other week and I use aqua safe chemical

Id do 1 bigger water change every week

I'd do a bigger water change if it's only every other week, I do a water change every 5 days max

I do 75% pwc once a week, but that's because of my stocking and lack of real plants

Well my lfs said not to many water changes is badly need some if that alge etc

zhuber said:
Well my lfs said not to many water changes is badly need some if that alge etc

We need to know how and with what are you testing with. The point of water changes are to keep nitrates down, generally if you don't have plants you should be doing water changes when your nitrate levels are around 20 and do a big enough or multiple water changes to get them to 5 or lower. If you do it more often than that it can only help keep your water clear and fish happy.

Idk what you mean by one of those stores but its number one in the county it's in and I drive thirty minutes web I could go fifteen to a nearby store

If you have to do water changes every 3 days then you gotta do them every 3 days. Just an example. Your water changes are determined by stocking, filtration, and planted or not. You can't just pick a time frame and go with it

Well based on what I told them on my tank an the person I got the tank from who's ha it for years he did it every other week an managed I do it the same on top of my plecos bred but the fry died cause I vacuumed them up by accident and they said my water quality must be good for them to do that

I'm pretty busy I try to so them when ever I can really which is usually twice a month

zhuber said:
I'm pretty busy I try to so them when ever I can really which is usually twice a month

IMO you just have to make time for it, stay up later or something to do it. Trust me I know it's work sometimes but if you like the hobby you should like maintaining your tank. I work nights and 12 hour shifts and the last thing I want to do is clean when I get home sometimes but I do it to keep my fish healthy and happy. I would still like to know what you're testing with and what the readings are. Do you have a test kit at all?

Back
Top Bottom