angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of rams because my friend just got some blue rams and they were aggressive? Idk

German blue rams, Bolivian rams are the most common kept with Angels and I know they will do well with them. Were the rams or angels being aggressive? If the angels have been in the tank longer than the rams, the angels probably think that they own the tank and will often bully any new comers...my suggestion is to put like a divider in between them and after a week or so take it out and see how they do, or re arrange the tank and take all the fish out, re arrange everything and place them back in all at once so they think they are in a new tank so no fish will have that "the tank is mine" syndrome lol

You can also take the angels out, rearrange the tank, then put all the fish back in. That should erase any claimed territories.

I have put 4 new rams in mine and my angel does not bat an eyelid.

You can get them from sellers on Aquabid or Angels Plus. They can get expensive, so be prepared to shell out some cash.

I just want a really bright or stand out one

Blood Parrots are perfect then. They have an odd shape, a fantastic personality, and they're bright orange. Great fish IMO, I have 3 and they are definitely one of my favorites.

IMO, I wouldn't stock BP's and angels together, they can easily kill angels if you get a short tempered one. Plus they have a huge bipolar and get quite large, and I'm not sure if your tank would work well with that...but if you just get one and re-home it when it gets big (and they do get big-about the size of a football) and just keep an eye on them it should work out fine. But I think one more angel would be a better route, either way would work, but you won't have to re-home the angel unles it's mean. I got all my angels from Mellow Aquatics | The Best Freshwater Angelfish For Sale ... The blue one is in my avatar :) but if you want a stand out and colorful fish, the blood parrot is a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom