Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover5297

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive seen online that angelfish are semi-aggressive so my question is are they actually aggressive towards other fish or not?

They are peaceful for the most part but they will eat anything that fits in their mouth and when they're breeding they get aggressive.

On there on if you don't want a breeding pair, or a pair in a 55 but they get aggressive is they
Breed

I don't want to breed them but would they be ok with neon and scissor tail tetras and plecos?

No neon's any fish that fits inside its mouth they will eat. They are a very social fish, I think they do better in pairs.

Are there any fish that are as big and pretty as angelfish but won't eat or attack my tetras and plecos?

I'm getting a bigger one for Christmas not decided on the size yet but I want to get some more fish as well and was looking at angelfish

doesnt matter if you want to breed them if they want to they will . but they only really are aggressive when they are alot bigger then the other fish . if the angels are big they will try and eat tetras and fish of that size

My angelfish seems to have taken one area of my tank for its own and will chase my blue ram away if it comes into that area. It also started eating my neon tetras when it was only 2" from its nose to the base of its tailfin.

Other than that, it is peaceful.

i have angels with neon tetras and theres no problem...then i added some amanos...there was a problem.

got them nickle sized about 2 months ago..there like 4 inches from tip to tip now. they dont stop eating with pot bellies

I have read that if the angles grow up with neon tetras they might not eat them. Your angles are still kinda small though.

yea they are very young still , my neons have been with me for like 2 years allready and they are full grown and fat. that could be it also

Back
Top Bottom