Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juliekennedy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a large tank 180lts with a 15cm Osca and a 14cm shark. I introduced a 14 cm angle and a day or two after the angle showed signs of swim bladder problems. I took the angle out and set it up in a smaller tank added multi cure and marine salt. A few days later the angle righted itself and was swimming quiet well. I introduced it back into the big tank after a week and within an hour the angle was swimming upside down again. Can anyone help with this as I would prefer to remove the smaller tank. Cheers and thank you.

Is your big tank cycled? What are your water parameters? What's your water change schedule? Are the other fish bullying it?
I had to look up lots to gallons. Your tank isn't big enough for that oscar, are you getting a bigger tank eventually?

Hi, the two tanks are very similar in set up. Water temp, condition ect. The filter may be a bit fast for the angle in the big tank. Perhaps bullying as that would be the difference in the actual tank. The angle came to me as full grown from a tank that didn’t have any other fish for a while. When I returned the angle after removing it, it just looked like it was giving up and perked straight up when returning it to the tank on its own.
Yes, not sure what I’m going to do with Oscar when he grows he’s Ok at the moment I might have to move house.
As I said the angle is content in the tank on his own and the condition in the other tank is very similar so perhaps bulling.
Thank you for your reply. I very much appreciate it. Any other help would be great as well.
Cheers from Australia, keep safe. Julie

Back
Top Bottom