Angelfishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you coming to visit?lol....

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Actually, I have done a fair amount of traveling throughout the Caribbean but I have no plans as yet for your area as of now ( Sorry :( ) If you were in the Bahamas, that's a day trip for me ;)

Do you know any one who i could aquire some half blacks from???around a dozen...im even willing to trade if interested in what i have...

They are hard to come by for sure. The breeder I am getting mine from is an old friend. I've known him since he was a kid. ;)
The fish I am getting are actually decendents of fish I was breeding for his Father about 20 years ago. He's since added Zebra to the line so these are really 1/2 black Zebras. Unfortunately, he has very few that he's parting with. I had to pull the "But without me, you wouldn;t have these fish in the first place" card so he's letting me have some. :lol: Otherwise, I have only seen some offered on places like Aquabid but I know nothing about the breeder so I hesitate to buy sight unseen. The only place I heard they are available in quantity is Singapore and possibly Indonesia. Again, I don't buy sight unseen. But I'll keep my eyes open for them until I have some to sell. :) (y)

Ok kool...maybe i could come look for u and we cud chat a bit...lol

So what do you think about my setup...as u saw the video?

Thus is one of 47 spawn that are at the wigler stage now...lol

Attachments

• 1412721420809.jpg
    1412721420809.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 51
Thats no problem atall....
The really great feature of my fish room is that i designed a drip overflow system and i change 40-50 percent of water every 12 hrs...and i noticed amazing results in fast growth and the overall health of my fishes....

Boy, you should tell the people on here about doing such large changes over so much time opposed to doing them in just minutes. They keep telling me I'm nuts when I say it's not recommended to them quickly. lol

Lol..lol...they should know that to get ultimate results from the growth of fishes they should change atleast 10-15 percent of water everyday...lol

Lol..lol...they should know that to get ultimate results from the growth of fishes they should change atleast 10-15 percent of water everyday...lol

Yes, daily. But I'm reading 50%,75%, 90% one time weekly. I feel bad for the fish :eek:

Lol...

Hey i have a pair of black that just spwned 4 days ago and they are spawning again right now...do you think that is safe for the pair of fishes?

I have 11 more pairs of the same strain but that pair is my favorite pair...i dont wanna loose them..

Unless you are dong something to the fish chemically to induce, you have to assume they weren't finished the other day which is why they have continued the spawn today. 4 days is a little quick turn around but I have had pairs go off every 7 days. I would only be concerned if this happens repeatedly. Then again, if they are fine doing it and the fry are fine after such a short time span between spawns, who's to say it's a bad thing? "shrug"

Lol....sooo true...this is the first time that it happened so i will observe them..i think 7 days is a great time lapse before a pair of angels spawned again..i didnt do anything to induce spawning....

Thanks alot for the advice...

No problem (y) I tend to get my fish popping every 7-10 days. 3 spawns a month from a pair is about all I can handle. :blink: If I get 4, it throws my whole system out of whack :lol:

Lol....i know how it could be for space..lol...i have alot of space that i am filling up with angelfishes...

I thinknim getting there though lol....i have just around 12000 youngsters griwing out....the looking excellent...

Hi I just have a quick question about angelfish.
If I put a male and female together in a tank is there any chance they will a breed?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi I just have a quick question about angelfish.
If I put a male and female together in a tank is there any chance they will a breed?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Only if they are mature enough, secure enough, kept in the right conditions and water parameters and have the ability to will they breed. If these conditions are not met, then they won;t breed. I have some breeding pairs right now that aren't breeding. It's because the temps are too hot for them. See, only when conditions are right will they breed. ;)

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom