Angels and Rosy Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fodder

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have two juvenile angels and three Rosy Barbs, amongst a load of other species.

One of the Angels is being hen pecked by the barbs, to the point that it constantly hides in a corner behind plants. Each time it ventures out one of the barbs chase it and it returns to the corner.

The other Angel appears fine and relaxed. Is this a case of picking on the weak? Is there anything I could do to settle the situation. The frightened Angels is not getting much, if any food either.

Any hints, will this run its coarse and resolve itself as the Angel matures?

When i kept angels and rosy barbs together when i was really young, i had to get rid of my rosy barbs because they ended up killing a few of my angels. IMO rosies and angels don't mix. Rosies are too agressive. You could try a divider or put the rosies in a tank by themselves.

Barbs and angels do not mix. Those long fins are too tempting a target for the barbs. I would decide on one group of fish or the other.

A few more barbs might help direct the attention amongst themselves rather than the angels, but if it were my tank, I'd move the barbs out and go with tetras or rasboras as dithers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom