angels got scraped up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MICEY

Aquarium Advice Freak
this morning I fond my female angel stuck behind a rock when I moved the rock she had lost a bunch of scales and hurt a fin but no blood so I think she will be ok
I did a water change yesterday and the tank was just set up 6 weeks ago so it is clean , she is swimming ok but did not eat but will try feding her latter

Awww...poor baby. :( Just to be on the safe side, I would put some Melafix in to help prevent infection as well as to help repair the body & fin damage. I'll tell you that Melafix is one of the best products I've ever used to repair fish damage. It's a must for any fish lover! :) Oh..and she'll eat when she de-stressess from the traumatic experience.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the male is still chasing here whats to breed but she is not ready to yet they bred once before I got them last month but ate the eggs , there 1 1/2 years old so should breed soon

I would add some salt but don't know if my yo yo loachs can take salt and I don't have any other meds now
I like binox for wounds cures fungus and bacteria
I think I'll wait till tomorrow and do an other water change to keep things clean

Good...well good luck to you and your angel. I hope she's better soon. :)

Awww...so sorry she didn't make it. Im sure you rearranged your rocks so that won't happen again. :( She's comfortable now in fish heaven. :)

Sorry about your fish. Angels are my favorite but I will never figure them out and after all they are cichlids and behave like them. Most of their aggression comes during mating and breeding, then there seems to be other times were you can have a few in a tank without issues Of course in captivity the victim is basically doomed from the relentless attack with no where to go.

Back
Top Bottom