Angry long finned black tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sugamonkey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am wondering if anyone has kept long finned black tetras and if they have had anger managment issues with them. I have a 30 gallon tank that I have been restocking after a total wipeout over a month ago. First to go in were 8 neon tetras, a week later 4 otos and this Sunday 5 black long finned tetras. This is pretty much the same setup we had before with no issues. Since adding the tetras all they do is fight with each other, especially one guy in particular who picks on everyone. I removed him today and took him back to the lps. The other guys seem to have calmed down a bit but one seems to be picking up were the other left off.
I have never had this problem before, our last bunch were totally chill. So far they have left the neons alone, but I am afraid to add anything else. I moved the plants around a bit so there was not such a large open area in the middle of the tank, this seems to be the area that gets staked out as turf.

It is not unusual for those tetras to do that. You could trade them for a different variety or add 4-5 more and see if the aggression lessens.

Back
Top Bottom