Another BBA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok. I've had enough. Shocker, but I'm losing the battle with the BBA in my tank. Is it a light issue?...it is growing near the top and all the way to the bottom of a 24" tall tank. (240 watts t12-NO on a 100g tank, split cycle 4 on-6 off-5 on). I have pressurized CO2 maintained at 30ppm. 40% pwc every 10-14 days. Dose pps pro daily. Spot treating with glut works, but it keeps coming back and kills the leaf in time.

What are the likely culprits and how do I destroy it without spot treating twice a week for the rest of my life?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does your tank get any natural sunlight? How old are your bulbs? How are your nitrates? I notice my tanks start getting a little BBA if I go too long between PWCs, and I know some say that high organics in the water can trigger BBA. Perhaps more frequent PWCs?

No direct sunlight. It's in a basement but away from the windows. Ates never get above 30ppm unless I miss a pwc for 2+ weeks which is rare. Like I said I do 40%, maybe 50% if I get sidetracked with something while the python is going, every 10'ish days. I do have softened well water that I bypass about every other pwc if I remember. Tank has been up for a year with organic topsoil and sand cap.

I have not been dosing Ates as part of the pps pro regimen because the tank produces enough naturally....if I upped my PWC's to say twice a week I'm guessing I'll have to start dosing kno3, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom