Another CO2 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The regulator you ordered comes with a bubble counter and integrated check valve.
I ordered the Fluval drop checker and ceramic diffuser. I still use the DC but not the diffuser. The Fluval DC comes with an indicator fluid and is pretty easy to read. I also ordered a generic glass/ceramic from Amazon which I still use. I also have a glass drop checker and fluid from Brookster.
You will need a timer that accepts a 3 prong plug

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Why don't you use the ceramic diffuser anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Why don't you use the ceramic diffuser anymore?

The Fluval one is bulky and not the most attractive. I did notice the bubbles were a bit coarser than the no name glass diffuser.

The Fluval one is bulky and not the most attractive. I did notice the bubbles were a bit coarser than the no name glass diffuser.

Good to know. Sorry for all the questions...but here's one more, haha. Do you think I could get away with a glass diffuser made for a nano tank since the CO2 will be going straight into the intake of my canister? My hopes would be that it would produce smaller bubbles and prevent a lot of noise from air in the canister.

Good to know. Sorry for all the questions...but here's one more, haha. Do you think I could get away with a glass diffuser made for a nano tank since the CO2 will be going straight into the intake of my canister? My hopes would be that it would produce smaller bubbles and prevent a lot of noise from air in the canister.

Don't apologize for questions. I don't see why the nano diffuser would be a problem.
Not sure about noise related to gas bubbles and canisters. I am not familiar with the location of the impeller in relation to the media and intake/output. I run HOB filters and the finer bubbles make very little to no noise passing through the impeller. When I was doing DIY CO2, I did not use a diffuser and you could definitely hear when the bubbles were being chopped up by the impeller.

Don't apologize for questions. I don't see why the nano diffuser would be a problem.
Not sure about noise related to gas bubbles and canisters. I am not familiar with the location of the impeller in relation to the media and intake/output. I run HOB filters and the finer bubbles make very little to no noise passing through the impeller. When I was doing DIY CO2, I did not use a diffuser and you could definitely hear when the bubbles were being chopped up by the impeller.

Unfortunately the nano diffuser wasn't eligible for Amazon Prime and the only shipping available was for it to show up the end of March/early April. So I'm looking around at others. I'll give the diffuser a try, if it's too loud I'll probably switch to an inline reactor. All my other stuff should be here by Thursday or Friday, excited to get it.

The regulator you ordered comes with a bubble counter and integrated check valve.
I ordered the Fluval drop checker and ceramic diffuser. I still use the DC but not the diffuser. The Fluval DC comes with an indicator fluid and is pretty easy to read. I also ordered a generic glass/ceramic from Amazon which I still use. I also have a glass drop checker and fluid from Brookster.
You will need a timer that accepts a 3 prong plug

I also have an integrated bubble counter with integrated check valve, but the checkvalve prevent the bubble counter liquid to come into the regulator... The water still come from the tank into the tubing... Half the CO2 tubing was full of water, so I decided to add 1 checkvalve.

So problem wasn't corrected, so I added three more checkvalves.

Ahh so you got a Finnex Planted+ and two Satellites+ ? All 36" ?

That should do the job very much !

Yeah, four lights total. 2 of the finnex planted+ and 2 of the current satellites. And then I have 2 of the 36" marineland doublebrights if needed to increase light. Ordered two diffusers off eBay last night, one nano and one that wasn't in case the nano didn't do the job correctly. Pack of 10 air-lock CO2 check valves. So I should be set besides the actual CO2 tank and timers.

I do have a sponge filter attached to an air pump in my tank that I'd like to keep in there, I'm guessing I should run that on a timer and have it turn on at night like an hour after CO2 stops and then turn off in the morning an hour before CO2 turns on again?

My CO2/light schedule is:

Light opens at 2PM
CO2 opens at 3:30PM
CO2 turns off at 10PM
Lights go off at 00:00

Everything wich add air to the tank should be turned off during the light ON period. If that airpump sponge filter is very very strong, I would recommand getting rid of it, as it can do PH swings... But that filter would have to be really strong to do PH swings...

In my case, there's no water aeration, just a tiny tiny surface agitation all the time.

Back
Top Bottom