Another fish down :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Antimoine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, please help!

I lost another fish yesterday (choco gourami, my favorite one) that I had for almost 6 months...

33 gallons, a Loach, 3 Rasboras, 4 neons, 3 glo danios, 1 algae eater, a pearl gourami (very pacific)and a black molly.
Plenty of place to hide, plants and airstones working.
All is ok in the tank, ph 7.2, am 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, temp 26c.
No sickness, no ich, nothing!!

Another mysterious death.....
Worst of all, there was only half of the carcass left.

Do I have a evil fish in there or what ?

Any wounds on the gourami? Are you dosing anything odd? Its debated that melafix is bad for labrynth fish (gourami's)

Did he suddenly just... Die? or was he acting funny?

Ive seen rasbora's get nasty towards themselves (take out eyes). I know that Chinese Algae eaters can attack "flat" vertical fish, they try and suck the protective coating off.

But if none of the above is true... You've got a phantom killin off fish!

Nope Nothing,

He was there the morning, and a rotting carcass the evening...
I lost a neon and a rasobra the same way.

Any idea ?

do you have a picture of your tank? Is there anything out of the normal in there? maybe a rock with some iron? are they partially eaten when you find them dead?

Keep a close eye on your other fishes behaviour. If anything changes, or you notice anything you didn't notice before, let us know.

Also, take a water sample to your LFS. Perhaps your tester has been contaminated or is just a dudd (it happens!)

If you haven't done a waterchange in a while, i would do so as well, make sure you use a decent amount of dechlorinator.

LFS had the same results, pwc done every week.

Nothing abnormal that I know of cause I usually get informed before getting something new.

I'll post a pic later today

Back
Top Bottom