Another hitchhiker-slug/snail or nudibranch?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DI68

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was surprised to see this big guy on my wall when I turned the lights on. He camouflages well -looks like a morph which has me wondering if it's a nudibranch? He's got a broken antennae.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409860826.902189.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409860850.725075.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Stomata snail

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks more like a black limpet. Look that up. Doesn't look like a stomatella.

Looks more like a black limpet. Look that up. Doesn't look like a stomatella.

Thanks-I just looked it up.....some mixed feelings about whether it is reef safe. Have found info that they eat sponges and algae but another reefer had all his mushrooms eaten.....will keep researching this one.

I had a limpet like this show up in my tank at one point. It freaked me out, I fought for days to get it out. In the end, it didn't hurt anything before vanishing. Probably starved. Harmless.

I had a limpet like this show up in my tank at one point. It freaked me out, I fought for days to get it out. In the end, it didn't hurt anything before vanishing. Probably starved. Harmless.

Good to know...it may starve in the cycling process although I am putting food in the tank-prob not what it would eat.

I think they're beautiful. My LFS had some for sale a few months back but same as you, I'd heard mixed reviews on their eating habits and if various corals were involved. But they're awesome to look at!

Back
Top Bottom