Another praise for aquaclear filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We've been having storms and windy weather lately and the lights have been flickering. I didnt think too much of it until I went to feed my fish tonight and noticed my 75 gallon aquaclear wasnt running. Horrified I unplugged it refilled it and try as I might the poor thing would'nt start. So I took it off removed and media and yanked off the motor. Taking a cup of water I held it just inside and plugged it in. Started right up. So I put the filter back together on my tank and after a long horrid struggle it began to run again.
Thank god aquaclear makes good products
That filter probubly ran dry for at least two days. Although my water quality is probubly is dismay now at least my filter is okay. Time for lots of waterchanges and recycling :(

Sometimes there is buildup in the impeller area but as long as there is no interruption, it will run fine. Had that happen to me. I removed the intake pipe and nudged the impeller and it started right up. Unplugged and plugged it several times with no incident. The manufactures recommends periodic cleaning of the filter including impeller area. I cannot recall what the frequency is.

Glad things worked out for you and your finned friends.

Back
Top Bottom