Another water flow question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, when we get the 210 it's gonna be an "all-glass" RR, with megaflow. I am looking at the box that my husband has for his and it says that it has a max flow rate of 600 for each. My guess is because it's only one inch pvc. When I read about the external pumps, like the dolphin 3000 it says to get the max flow rate, I should use 1.5" pvc and that using one inch it cuts it down by half. So here's the million dollar question, can I go to HD and replace it so that I get better flow rates, I want to completely elminate PH's. Also can I buy the fittings I need to still use all the parts, such as the return nozzle? Or is there a better way of doing this?

You will be surprised by how much those megaflows can handle for overflow im pushing about 1600gph through the 2 of mine and they have no problem at all and are VERY quiet. I think you will notice that the standpipes of the megaflow can easily handle more than they say. HTH

Back
Top Bottom