Anti Parasite food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was doing some research and saw anti parasite fish food

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Spectrum...ds=fish+anti+parasite+food&pebp=1418220801475

Amazon.com : Anti-parasitic Caviar Live Coral and Fish Food Dr. G : Pet Supplies

a couple others as well.

I dont currently have parasites (I beleive) but I thought something like this would be nice on hand to feed once in a blue to keep a booster up.

Anyone have experiance with this stuff?

Will it kill my shrimps or snails if they eat it?

Is it snake oil?

thanks

There are anti parasitic foods, as well as those containing antibiotics. In neither case should they be used sporadically. They should be used as a full course of treatment. Misuse of drugs just causes resistant strains of pathogens.

There are anti parasitic foods, as well as those containing antibiotics. In neither case should they be used sporadically. They should be used as a full course of treatment. Misuse of drugs just causes resistant strains of pathogens.

is it a bad idea to run a course just for safety sake every few months?

most of these say they are all natural.

Just actually read the second cavier one is medicated and will affect plants and inverts.

Food Booster

Hello Nick...

If you're looking for a food booster, feed a little minced garlic every couple of weeks. Spice World has a good product. It's high vitamin and contains natural antibiotics. Otherwise, feed a little flaked from Cobalt, freeze dried from Hikari or Tetra and frozen from San Fran Bay. These are all good quality foods.

B

Hello Nick...

If you're looking for a food booster, feed a little minced garlic every couple of weeks. Spice World has a good product. It's high vitamin and contains natural antibiotics. Otherwise, feed a little flaked from Cobalt, freeze dried from Hikari or Tetra and frozen from San Fran Bay. These are all good quality foods.

B

thanks, my fish HATE garlic. Ive tried

Im going to be buying some garlic infused pellets pretty soon tho hopefully with better luck

I use the spice world's garlic juice in my repashy and the fish gobble it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nick, clear your pms.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Kens medicated fish food didn't harm any of my cherry shrimps. Its good stuff

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed cobalt with probiotics, don't know how effective they are. I've heard they aid in digestion with gbrs, that was my main reason in getting the stuff.

Nick, clear your pms.

How did you know I had PMS???

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)
Did
noticed this morning it was 100%

mailed the guys and PM'd you the info

I use Ken's and my Crayfish eat it like crazy without bad side effects. Ken's also makes a food called Boost that has a lot of probiotics and other immune boosting ingredients in it. They have several garlic heavy foods and your fish will eat them like nobody's business.

Back
Top Bottom