Anubias garden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
Now that I have gotten all the anubias that I need, I would like very much to make a corner garden with them and a large pc. of DW. Just wondering if anyone has done that and I could look at your pics so that I can get some ideas. I bought everything I could from petite to the tall growing! :dance:

Here's my 29 high with driftwood and several anubias.

To the upper left of the big honking Amazon sword is the anubias on the driftwood. Coming down in front of it, still in the back, are two anubias that were tied to rocks, and have now rooted in the substrate. In front of those are the anubias nana that were tied to rocks, and one of which bloomed a week or so ago.

Lighting is el cheapo work lights (2) from the hardware store, with a 13w CFL on that side for the sword (23w CFL in the other light).

I was concerned about algae on the anubias leaves with two of them so close to the surface and the light. But once the sword raced for the top and spread out, the anubias were shaded by sword leaves, and algae really hasn't been an issue.

Low tech tank - do not dose CO2. I alternate dosing with Seachem Flourish and API Leaf Zone, and use root tabs for the swords, crypts and vals in the tank.

I like it!!! Give me lots of ideas. You don't attach all of them to wood or stone? I thought you had to. I have two anubias, and use the GLF system and CO2 because I have so many other plants. So far everything is doing great! I have two tanks and want the 20g, the larger, to be my garden Thanks for sharing!!

I like it!!! Give me lots of ideas. You don't attach all of them to wood or stone? I thought you had to. I have two anubias, and use the GLF system and CO2 because I have so many other plants. So far everything is doing great! I have two tanks and want the 20g, the larger, to be my garden Thanks for sharing!!

Yes, I did, but the ones attached to the rocks on the gravel have sent roots into the substrate.

Rhizome above, roots below...

Back
Top Bottom