Anubias growth spurts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I bought Anubias nana on the advice it was slow growing.

Far from it!

Since I moved back to Liverpool they have doubled the number of leaves (in only a month!)

Nothing has changed in my tank, lighting is the same and no co2.

Any ideas for the spurt?

Attachments

• image-1738094858.jpg
    image-1738094858.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 237
Luck of the draw I suppose. My nana barely makes leaves but my petite nana has new leaves every two weeks. Did you move the anubias or add new ferts? These contribute to your idea.

Atxpunx said:
Luck of the draw I suppose. My nana barely makes leaves but my petite nana has new leaves every two weeks. Did you move the anubias or add new ferts? These contribute to your idea.

Nope, the only new thing is using prime for water changes.

Have 2 others that I wanna see flower :D

Mumma.of.two said:
Awesome flower! One of mine started to grow one and gave up half way and died :/ Maybe the water where you are now has more nutrients.

It's possible. My water is from different source.

Think my water is drawn from the Irish sea fed rivers compared to the north sea fed lakes, it's a pretty awesome sight, just appeared over 2 days :O

I have some Anubias and it is horrible. So slow to grow. I've had the tank for about a month it's the slowest growing plant in the tank if it's growing at all.

Scouser,

I have had similar result to yours with this plant, though no flowers (yet).

I bought a couple Anubias in those clear plastic tubes from our local chain store (Petsmart) here in the U.S. and they have thrived, added many new leaves, etc. They don't grow "tall," but they have definitely filled in and closely resemble your posted pic.

Best regards,
Andy

This plant has always been a challenge for me to grow, let alone bloom. All my other plants are doing great.

Tell me about everyone's lighting , ph etc. that makes them take off for you. The photo is amazing. Now I am talking about the nana's only.

Thanks,

Mr. Breeze

Back
Top Bottom