Free: Any and All Donations Welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donslights

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently took a 55 gallon tank and fish off a buddy who lost his job, and couldnt afford to keep it going nor get what he needed for it. As luck would have it, I lost my job just days after.

This tank has 1 small fake plant and a small fake coral piece. The only filtration it has on it is a HOB filter that is from a 10 gallon. There are 3 cichlids about 2.5'', a baby tiger oscar about 2'', and a small common pleco that it about 2''. The filter really isn't cutting it as you can imagine. I made a pvc overflow, but wasn't able to get a pump for the sump in time. It had no heater, and at the moment, all I could afford was the cheap 10gallon one from walmart, and it is struggling.

I would greatly appreciate anything that you do not need/want, that will be useful to me. I do have a test strip kit (about halfway full), some water conditioner, and cichlid food.

I was going to buy a new filter, and set this tank up right, but cannot afford to right now. If i didn't have bad luck, I wouldnt know what luck was. So much for karma, helpin a friend out.
I am located in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
Thanks for your time.

As much as you might not want to, I would return the fish and try to save up for some supplies. I would give you my supplies but I just sold the things I didn't need in Craigslist. Sorry and I hope you can get it back up and running.

from, Adam

Yea, I cant find anyone that wants them (friends and family), and I didnt really want to rehome them. I'm trying to gather as much cash as possible to get some of the more important things. Hopefully someone has some stuff sitting around. Thank you anyway.

check craigslist. I got a killer deal on two canister filters for $25 each (fluval 305 and 405, usually $150 and $200 ish). I don't have anything available, or I'd ship it out to ya. All my excess equipment is 10g stuff, definitely not going to do anything for ya there. I wish I could help you out :(

wow, wish i had caught that one lol.
yea, I'm running off 10g stuff as is, its kind of funny, I doubt there would be a difference without it. The best thing I can find on craigslist is a full set up, which runs around 100, which is cheaper than buying each peice individually, but it is still out of my range. I will keep an eye out still. Thanks.

Craigslist does have some great things I bought my 30 gallon with stand and a bunch of stuff for 65$ you can also bargain;)

from, Adam

If you can attach some good sponge to the intake of the powerhead, that can act as a small amount of additional biofiltration for you.

Back
Top Bottom