Any Arkansans on board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm in Arkansas (Conway specifically). Our LFS in town is Pet Country, which has a decent little aquarium section... though they are big on birds and lizards too. http://www.petcountryonline.com

EDIT: Holy cow, Northside Aquatics looks excellent! Thanks for pointing that one out.

Just joined tonight - I live near Jacksonville and currently building a stand for my NEW 36 gallon bow front tank - will be visiting Northside tomorrow afternoon.

Monticello, Arkansas folks whats up??? I don't have an lfs anywhere near me, but I go to college at Louisiana Tech in Ruston, LA and we have a very small petstore with like 4 fishtanks lol the typical, "hey come get 20 guppies for a 5 gallon tank" sales pitch.

Searcy!
The only pet store in town that sells fish I the fish bowl and it's terrible. The employees know absolutely nothing about fish keeping and they give bad advice. I've also seen dead fish in their tanks multiple times when I've been in there haha so if your coming through Searcy you're better off to just pass it up.

I was just at petsmart in conway and was appalled by by how many dead fish were in their tanks! I counted 3! 2 were very large fish! And I only looked in 6 tanks! :(

I'm new here- North Little Rock

Northside Aquatics is the nicest- but they really Lena more towards saltwater. I will give them props for two gorgeous show tanks- a great looking salt tank, and a super-thick freshwater planted tank, as well as a pretty fair assortment of nice and healthy discus.

Have established somewhat of a relationship w/the PetCo in NLR, and have even spoken with the regional manager recently.

I wish we had a pet co in Conway! We have a pet smart and there is always dead fish in their tanks! I like the aquatic turtles at pet co!

I wish we had a pet co in Conway! We have a pet smart and there is always dead fish in their tanks! I like the aquatic turtles at pet co!

Have you checked out Pet Country on the North side of town? Pretty nice folks, with a fair selection of tanks, some nice saltwater stuff, and an improving freshwater selection.

Man there ain't nothing in southeast Arkansas :( I lived in Monticello till college but there is nothing there

Pet country is alright they just dont have much of an African cichlid selection. They are deffinatly the most knowledgeable place in town!

Last time I was there (a couple of weeks back), they had a bunch of empty tanks as they were rearranging quite a bit. Seems the fellow I talked too said that African Cichlids would be on the list when they get it all back up and running. He also seemed to imply that they could not only take special orders, but would listen to suggestions from customers. Still a lot better than PetsMart there in Conway! The only thing that impressed me about PetsMart there was their plant setup - it was actually well-kept and clean (and well-labeled). Most petco stores are pretty hit-or-miss with plants.

Good to know that there are other hobbyists in AR! There is a new store right across the street from park plaza mall. I think it's called the fish tank. Go check it out. It's SW only an has a big frag assortment and good prices.

Belleville here and nearest lfs is in russellville there is Davis's and there is petsmart...was not impressed with petsmart at all...and Davis's has only one tank of sw and the rest are fw and they deal other animals and supplies as well

Russellville here joined last night. Petsmart and davis's as the last post said.

Back
Top Bottom