Any comments about fluval g-series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharktale

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2 fluval g-series advance filtration system and I want to know want people think about them, I have 1 in my 65 gallon salt water and 1 in 75 gallon fresh water. I have more filtration in both tanks but I want an input from more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I really like my g6. Make sure you have an extra mechanical filter and chemical filter housing. The way you just swap them out without having to wait for the used pieces to dry after you cleaned them. I have 400 gm of purigen as my chemical filter and I dont use a bag. The only thing I dont like is flow on the intake strainer is too strong due to its narrow diameter. My snails were getting sucked to death because they could not get off. I put a foam block from an Aquaclear 50 over the strainer and this has saved my snails as well as extended the cleaning interval on the main filter to 4 weeks instead of 2. The purigen lasts for 4 months on a 65 gal fancy goldfish tank.

Thank you! I have other aqua clear filters 2 of them in a 75 gallon tank.

I was told they were a nightmare by my LFS and to get a 406 or FX instead FWIW.

They would be wrong. Changing the cartridges on my G6 is much easier than opening my 406.

I have 4 canister 406 and yea I don't like to clean them, that been say they are great I'm waiting for my g6.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407014512.633550.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407014512.633550.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 68
3 day after using my fluval g and it's great

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407539344.302645.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407539344.302645.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 66
Back