Any fish/inverts that can go in a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AngelFishGirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a ten gallon and I'm not allowed to have a heater on it (mom doesn't want extra electricity bill money *eyeroll*)
I am wondering what coldwater fish can go in my 10 gallon and live happily. I can keep up with water changes so I am fine with being a little overstocked, I actually prefer it. Not horribly overstocked obviously but there is nothing wrong with a slightly overstocked tank as long as maintenance is kept up with it, right?

I prefer to go for quantity of fish overall.

What fish can go in a 10 gallon? Or inverts? Thanks! :) I just want a nice looking tank :)

Are they popular in LFSs? I've never heard of either

But maybe it's cause I've never had coldwater fish!

Pffffff like I know scientific names :p
I'm assuming minnows aren't 20 dollars? Lol :)

its arguably the most beautiful hillstream loach. there are 13 different kinds of hillstream loach so thats why i used the scientific name. this is my male and females look the same but brighter tan colored. they are my next breeding project actually
img_2600028_0_037e8cde60bad44ad6bfef0adde8b692.jpg

Betta? one betta? can also live with snails and shrimp. :) OR get a Axolotl!! They are beautiful amphibians and can live their lives totally in 10 gallons. (only get one!)

Plenty of people successfully keep bettas in room temperature water. AND Axolotls ARE cold water animals.

Didn't know that. JUST found a store literally yesterday that has them. Awesome! Now I need 50 bucks and whatever else I need for a healthy life. May need to just stick with fish... As depressing as that is. :( I would LOVE an axolotl! :( anyone wanna give me 50 bucks for an early birthday preset? Lol

Didn't know that. JUST found a store literally yesterday that has them. Awesome! Now I need 50 bucks and whatever else I need for a healthy life. May need to just stick with fish... As depressing as that is. :( I would LOVE an axolotl! :( anyone wanna give me 50 bucks for an early birthday preset? Lol

PSHHH!!! $50?? Thats a rip off. I am TRADING a woman for one soon! Try craigslist for your area. I've seen them as low as $15 for the white/albino/etc. ones even!
All you need besides that is silk plants, solid decorations (places for them to hide) and dried blood worms, live worms, or pellet food specifically for them. :)
NEVER put them with fish!!! ONLY get a 2nd one if you get ADULTS. otherwise they are cannibals. LOL

PSHHH!!! $50?? Thats a rip off. I am TRADING a woman for one soon! Try craigslist for your area. I've seen them as low as $15 for the white/albino/etc. ones even!
All you need besides that is silk plants, solid decorations (places for them to hide) and dried blood worms, live worms, or pellet food specifically for them. :)
NEVER put them with fish!!! ONLY get a 2nd one if you get ADULTS. otherwise they are cannibals. LOL

You can also get them on Ebay for $30ish. :)

Just checked CL. Someone's asking 40. Only one in my area :( emailed and asked for 15 on it. Low balling it a little bit, but maybe :/

Back
Top Bottom