any ideas on what to use to fix an aquarium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradwc2002

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have an aquarium with broken glass, theres a crack in it from moving, its on the side, anyone know what i should use to fix it? like glue, glass, ...........

bradwc2002 said:
i have an aquarium with broken glass, theres a crack in it from moving, its on the side, anyone know what i should use to fix it? like glue, glass, ...........

How big of an aquarium? If its anything under say a 55 its just easier and cheaper in the long run to buy a brand new tank. Maybe start keeping reptiles in your cracked tank :)

If you decide to fix it, you will have to replace the whole glass panel. Fortunately, we have an article ( http://www.aquariumadvice.com/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=36 ) about this.

You can get glass cut to size at a framing shop or auto repair shop. It shouldn't be too expensive, but it may not pay to repair smaller tanks. It would be best to bring the cracked pane with you to get the right thickness and dimensions.

Aquarium grade silicone sealant can be purchased at most lfs and some hardware stores.

Back
Top Bottom