Any One Work For A Public Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In high school I interned at the Omaha Zoo. I was responsible to do daily water tests on all the display tanks in the Scott Aquarium. It was very cool. Sometimes I helped prep food for sharks.

Last night, my hubby just told me I should go to work at an aquarium, only one remotely close and it would likely be an hour drive each way into Denver-Don't like city traffic that much.

Though I would probably LOVE the job.

Well, I applied to volunteer at the Tennessee but got rejected cause I'm 15 haha. I can tell you almost every species in any tank by just looking at it, if its endangered an if they can be housed in a tank. I basically live there, an give accidental tours sometimes

Yep, I could try again this fall, but with school an such, I'll just wait till the spring

Thanks, I'll be 16 this year with hopefully 3 of my 4 sciences down, so it's looking better now

Autumnsky, my boyfriend recently told me the same thing! I wouldn't really mind the commute, plus it would put me in New Orleans all the time which would be cool, but I doubt I would be qualified for any of the cool jobs that would actually include the fish, and I doubt the pay for something like working in the gift shop would be good enough to merit commuting. I'm planning on a trip in September for my birthday, so I might ask around while I'm there.

Autumnsky, my boyfriend recently told me the same thing! I wouldn't really mind the commute, plus it would put me in New Orleans all the time which would be cool, but I doubt I would be qualified for any of the cool jobs that would actually include the fish, and I doubt the pay for something like working in the gift shop would be good enough to merit commuting. I'm planning on a trip in September for my birthday, so I might ask around while I'm there.

Fun to think about, and I told him the same thing about the pay, probably minimum wage for the basic jobs. I am hoping to see the Monterey Bay Aquarium near San Francisco in October.

Well, I applied to volunteer at the Tennessee but got rejected cause I'm 15 haha. I can tell you almost every species in any tank by just looking at it, if its endangered an if they can be housed in a tank. I basically live there, an give accidental tours sometimes

I love the cichlid tanks there. I go at least five times a year, but I live in Georgia sooo

I would love to work at the Georgia Aquarium, HOWEVER, I'm not sure they could pay me enough to make that 60 mile trek to work everyday. Atlanta traffic is horrible.

LOL, that's outstanding. Is that what you want to do for a career? That'd be a dream job.

I love the cichlid tanks there. I go at least five times a year, but I live in Georgia sooo

Lol, there awesome. IMO, there better then the GA aquarium with the basic layout an space use. Not as crowed. There cichlids tanks are awesome, my fave is there new river monster exhibit with the 5 ft RTC

Lol, there awesome. IMO, there better then the GA aquarium with the basic layout an space use. Not as crowed. There cichlids tanks are awesome, my fave is there new river monster exhibit with the 5 ft RTC

It is way better than the GA. I've only been once since they added the river monster exhibit but my mom was rushing me do I didn't get the best look. I did see the arapaima though.

It is way better than the GA. I've only been once since they added the river monster exhibit but my mom was rushing me do I didn't get the best look. I did see the arapaima though.

I stare at for like 30 mins lol. Till my mom gets mad. It's a sight to see

Back
Top Bottom