Visit to my Local Public Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aiken Drum

Site Team
For some reason ive never been to the local public aquarium. Well i had some spare time this afternoon, was in the vicinity and decided to go visit.

For context the aquarium is located in Matlock Bath, on the edge of the peak district in Derbyshire if you know your UK geography. Population less than 1000, popular tourist attraction. Only claim to fame being that Victor Frankenstein passed through there in Mary Shellys novel. I didnt have high expectations.

Some photos of the exhibits. Apologies if i misidentify any species, especially the marine stuff. Im going by what it says on the exhibits.

CtsYrWQ.jpeg

Green Spotted Puffer

svKrZgt.jpeg

Long Spined Porcupinefish

3WtJXPP.jpeg

Congo tetra. Was disappointed they didnt keep a nice big school, which the exhibit was easily big enough for. Only 2 or 3 of the fish in the tank.

GhUkHsH.jpeg

Bicoloured Angel Fish.

cOFeCTu.jpeg

7Kt5enw.jpeg

Discus

RDJnbX9.jpeg

mCCQQyG.jpeg

Yellow Sailfin Tang

HByAjOp.jpeg

Emporer Cardinal

J35BScn.jpeg

Boxing Shrimp.

lYY9QFT.jpeg

Pangasius

2ODVTuP.jpeg

WVnl1VV.jpeg

Giant Gourami

Zo4MEVV.jpeg

FknM6j1.jpeg

Clown Loach

bLndde3.jpeg

Some kind of Pleco

degxBjq.jpeg

Spotted Alligator Gar

1Sf6knm.jpeg

Bala Shark

All in all an enjoyable 30 minute diversion. Ive been to aquariums much, much better than this one, but also paid 20x the entry price. I thought it was good value for the entrance fee.

Also a hologram musuem included which was probably amazing 30+ years ago, but looked a little weird now.

Back
Top Bottom