Any suggestions for my Malawi tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew.1979

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397915413.972859.jpg

Is this setup of Malawi ok? Shall I add something as decoration?
The tank is 235ltrs, and houses 4 electric yellow, 3 cobalt blue, 3 red zebras, 3 venustus & 4 demasoni.

Its my first tank so I am a beginner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank looks good to me. You might have some issues with the demasoni. They notoriously difficult to keep. Maybe a few more rocks would help that situation.

Thanks, at the moment they look calm but I think they are still small. Any advice on how to get rid of algae. I do not like plecos but!!!

I have 2 Chinese algae eaters in my 75g tank, they've done a great job. They also look way better than plecos in my opinion and can defend themselves well agains the malawis.

Thanks a lot, one last thing. I have this algae eater. Do yo know its name? Can you recognize? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397923932.161112.jpg

Yeah that's a Chinese algae eater. They work well for me. I agree with troyd, more caves will do the tank good. Also soon as you can tell I'd stick with one male demasoni to 5 or 6 females. And in that size I wouldn't go for anymore than 1 male.

Thanks a lot, one last thing. I have this algae eater. Do yo know its name? Can you recognize? View attachment 233985

Chinese algae eaters are great. I have a golden one. They are classified as a type of shark by some people. They are aggressive. I have heard some people say they will kill other fish, but I have NEVER seen that with this one, or my previous one.

I guess if they got hungry enough they might, but they are pretty easy to keep happy.

Back
Top Bottom