Any tips on my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidslover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404363238.993348.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404363249.945555.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404363257.198235.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404363267.836531.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404363279.765000.jpg
Please look at the pics and make any recommendations on how to improve this tank. The light is currently on 24 hours a day, no CO2, weekly flourish dose and at least 20 RCS mostly juveniles. Sponge filter on 24 hours along with aqueon flow 10 filter. Tank size is 10 gallons. What else can I add regarding inverts and plants?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm no expert, but first you shouldn't leave your lights on for 24 hrs a day bc a) it promotes algae, which it looks like you have and b) your fish and inverts don't have a photo period which I probably stressing them.

I would suggest a water change and gravel vac. Filling your tank to the top.

I'm not sure if that is duck weed on top as a floating plant or not??? If so I would suggest thinning it as it blocks out most of your light and makes your tank look really dark.

How long has your tank been set up? What is your maintenance schedule? How many gallons(you may have said but I missed it)?What is your full stock??

Not to offend but it looks as though your tank has been a little neglected, however, with a little tlc it can be a shiny gem!!

It's a 10 gallon, I will do some maintenance since I haven't done anything for it yet due to lack of time but now I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom