Any top quality goldfish in USA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattcham

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know vendors selling show quality goldfish? Same top quality sold in Japan and shown on Hikari brand fishfood?

Almost everything I see locally or even here on aquabid are somewhat lacking. Been searching for years...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You will not find quality fancies on aquabid or your local chain store. There are some online options if you have the patience to wait for exactly what you are seeking (it may take a year or more) and the budget to afford it.

Dandyorandas has some of the best quality imports available for auction in the US but expect to spend $500+++ (not including overnight shipping) for a show quality import. They previously were affiliated with the Goldfish Connection and there are over 5000 pictures in the GC's gallery if you are interested in seeing what has sold in the past.

Buygoldfishonline has been steadily improving with singular show quality fish limitedly available (same price range). They also sell on EBay from time to time.

Goldfish.net also auctions imports for $125+++(on up plus shipping) but their reputation tends to favor negativity in goldfish circles.

Raingarden sells top quality fish at more reasonable prices/shipping as well but they are US-bred fish. There are also various other private breeders that have fish available from time to time but you will be more likely looking at ungroomed juveniles that require tons of time, growing out and conditioning. Adult fish either will not be for sale or for sale in very high price ranges on very rare occasions (such as a breeder leaving the business).

If your seeking a specific breed, I may be able to help point you in the right direction of a US breeder (no guarentee though!) but if your only seeking imports, your best bet will be Dandyorandas. Hope this helps!

This was really helpful. Thanks. US bred and juvenile are fine with me if they have top quality. I will check out those web sites. I'm mostly interested in quality ranchu with show-grade body shape. Any color is fine except plain orange or plain white. Thanks so much!

Thanks JLK for your post. I checked out the web sites. Your assessment is spot-on. I wasn't too impressed with the rain garden inventory. The other web sites were much nicer quality fish.

No problem! Also check out EastCoastRanchu since this is more along the lines of the breed your seeking. I won't be home until Monday, but I will give you a few more contacts for private breeders that may or may not have fish when I get back to my computer! :)

Thanks so much JLK! The quality of east coast Ranchu is amazing and prices so reasonable. Best of all they are located 30 minute drive away from me. I can't believe how lucky I am! Thanks JLK !

Thanks so much JLK! The quality of east coast Ranchu is amazing and prices so reasonable. Best of all they are located 30 minute drive away from me. I can't believe how lucky I am! Thanks JLK !

Glad they work for you and it's even better they are in reasonable driving distance!! Shipping is a killer on the wallet! Please post some pics if you acquire new fish! :)

Will do! I have a 125 gallon tank still empty brand new in living room. Wife wants to paint living room walls so I can't fill with water yet. Grrrrr....

On the other hand I'm really happy that she let me convert our entire dining room into a fish room, the same week that Petco had $1 per gallon sale. So I didn't waste any time and got three 29 gallon and three 20 gallon tanks the next day!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom