Any way to avoid the cycling thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a siphon style vacuum (I use a Python but the regular gravity feed works) I lightly vacuum up loose poo and throroughly vacuum about 1/4 of the gravel. Do a different 1/4 each time you do a partial water change.
I bet if you look on U-tube you will find a video of someone doing a water change and gravel vac.

Tropical fish are not more fragile than goldies. a heater may run you about $10 so if you want to move on to tropicals, it'll only cost an additional $10 to $15. You can go fishless, with seeded bacteria from the established tank, or purchase Bio Spira. Near instant cycle in a bottle.

Bottle Cycling products do not work.

The bacteria need air, ammonia, and nitrite to live. Now, in a bottle, there is no air. There is no ammonia( if there is, how long will the bacteria live on the shelf?), and no nitrite( same reasoning as ammonia).
Just take the filter pad out of your original tank, and a bunch of gravel and put it in the new tank. IMPORTANT: If you don't have fish in the new tank when adding the bacteria, they will die within 24 hours.

Hm...Well I don't really know what biospira contains, but assuming it contains bacteria(like you said :D), do you think I could just take some gravel or filter stuff from an already cycled tank to get more bacteria? ^^
I have two baby koi the bigger one is about 3 1/2 inches long and the other is only about two. I'm not a fish expert and only came to this site for advice and sad to say I won them at the fair. The bigger one is from two years ago and the other from last year. They are both pure white and the only difference is eye color and size. They share the tank with what I think are two sarpas and a black mystery snail.

lol :D:D

i won some fish from a fair when I was little, they survived around 5 years in a plastic, extremely overcrowded, filter-less, uncycled, gravel-less for a few years tank :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom