Anybody know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JJ-MIK

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I spotted this in my buddy's tank today. Wondering what it is.

image-3655321884.jpg

image-2374849149.jpg

Yeah it was moving up the rock.. Looked like it has about 30 legs plus. And 4 feelers...... ??

Gotta be a nudibranch.
Not sure of the genus tho, soooo many.

Protaeolidiella perhaps.

What kind of corals does your buddy have? With arms like that it may eat torch corals. Just a guess tho.

I think it's a nudibranch. I think I stumbled apron a pic of it when I was searching from a nudie I found in my tank. Not 100% sure though

The closest I came on google was a walking cactus.. Same shape. But dif design...

I've been on google for 2 hours now and can't find it. Another close one is a dear slug. But those are hairy like. This one is solid. Like a stick...

Yeah, I tried to google it as well. Came across a Nudi search page that had 21 pages of Genus' of Nudis. Some Genus had 9 sub-whatevers that all looked completely different. I gave up. I looked for corals that it looked like as they often look like what they eat (camo) and Gorgonians seemed the most likely. But that didn't help finding an exact match but Facelina annulicornis semed close in some photos (but not in others).
Has he had any corals mysteriously dying?

He's had a few die. But that's because the copper banded is our of aptasias. Lol

Closest I could find was the Flabellina. But most were bright colors. I'm tagging along for the answer! Looks like a walking stick. Lol.

That's what I thought! Haha I'm kind of hoping its a never before seen species!! I want to name it!! Lol

image-3192420284.jpg
There are 9 of these in the tank now.. And there in the polyps. I think destroying them!

I finally found it on the net. But can't find much info on it.. Phyllodesmium briareum nudibranch .... Can anyone tell me if these are bad for a reef tank?

Theres bookoos on the net..i googled it..eats sea fans but youll need to goohle it..;)

Seafans? I only thing I found was they hide in and eat zoas...

Back
Top Bottom