Anyone Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fish a lot, but not as much this year as in the past for some reason. I normally fly fish unless I am using something like live/chunk bait. Normally catch: bluegill, bass, catfish, river redhorse, etc. Also enjoy fishing in the Smoky Mountains for native brook trout.

I fish a lot, but not as much this year as in the past for some reason. I normally fly fish unless I am using something like live/chunk bait. Normally catch: bluegill, bass, catfish, river redhorse, etc. Also enjoy fishing in the Smoky Mountains for native brook trout.
whats the little one?

It is a native Smoky Mountain Brook Trout. Most of the ones caught in the Smoky Mountains average about 5-7", so the one pictured is a bit small. I will put up a picture of the stream I was fishing. The stream was 10-15' wide at most and only 1-2' deep. It can be difficult trying to get the fly to go where you want without catching a tree!:banghead:

It is a native Smoky Mountain Brook Trout. Most of the ones caught in the Smoky Mountains average about 5-7", so the one pictured is a bit small. I will put up a picture of the stream I was fishing. The stream was 10-15' wide at most and only 1-2' deep. It can be difficult trying to get the fly to go where you want without catching a tree!:banghead:
ahhh,ok,very cool. ive never been fly fishing,but have caught trees lots

Since I have started fly fishing, I can hardly use a spinning rod any more. I get birds nests and all the other inherent problems with spinning fishing. I know a fly rod will outfish a spinning rod any day, as long as the fisherman knows what he is doing :)

adadkins1 said:
Since I have started fly fishing, I can hardly use a spinning rod any more. I get birds nests and all the other inherent problems with spinning fishing. I know a fly rod will outfish a spinning rod any day, as long as the fisherman knows what he is doing :)

Always wanted to try it ever since I saw river runs through it.

Haha my dad introduced me to that movie and then I watched it over and over till I had the lines memorized. ....that movie actually sparked a lot of new flyfisherman

adadkins1 said:

Your high lol I'll catch 10x as many fish with a spinning rod than you will with a fly rod.

Your high lol I'll catch 10x as many fish with a spinning rod than you will with a fly rod.

It all depends on the operator, I have seen many accounts of a fly fisher outfishing spinning fishers in the same area, 10 to 1. However, every rod has its pros and cons; you can't exactly lob a piece of shrimp,worm,shad, etc. as well with a fly outfit. There is just something more natural about fly fishing.

I tend to fish the rivers near home in the interior of Alaska.

Rods don't make much difference, lures matter. I find the best spots for getting fish are the worst for casting, and often an ice fishing rod (or a line with no rod) can get you into an eddy full of greyling. They like shade, bugs and eddies all of which tend be in shallow water surrounded by trees not good for standing or boating.

We fish alot ! We live in south Louisiana so we do alot of Fw and sw fishing , we also have a log cabin in Toledo bend Texas so we do alot of fishing there . Red fish , sacalait , flounder , bass , speckled trout , you name it lol . We go shrimping alot too .

went this morning , got a few nice specalled trout and hooked a very large snook but it broke my line , also caught a small red fish

hit it like a ton of bricks , he jumped once then took off like my line was tied to the bumper of a car, about a 30 inch fish or bigger

Back
Top Bottom