Anyone have experience with this snappy looking snapper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheMadNucleus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Curious if anyone has kept this snapper, it goes by a variety of names:

Threadfin Snapper, Rooster Snapper, Hi-Fin Snapper, Majestic Snapper

It's Sci. Name is

Symphorichthys spilurus

Any info/experiences greatly appreciated.

Tom

as long as ya have a big tank for it ya will be fine as long as its with other aggressive fish !! they can get 2 foot long and eat anything

Thx.

Yeah - he's in a 125 - but how fast do they grow? He is in fact with other mildly agressive fish - been in there for about 3 months - everything ok - but curious what kinda trouble I've set myself up for in the future and how far away is that :)

Tom

there growth depends on how healthy of food ya giving him !! imo as long as he cant swallow the fish with him ya should be ok with him !! ya know ya can have two of the same fish act two diff ways so hard to say !! cool looking fish though good luck !!

Yeah, they are awesome looking fish but they get so big. I was set on getting one until I found out how big they get.

Hey Jamal,

Yep - well, I bought one even under the advice that they get big - The problem is, this thing is growing mad fast. I've only had him about 3 months and I'm sure he's about 10% bigger - that means in a year he may double his size. Bought him at about 4 inches - Yikes - he's goin' be done with my 125 soon.

So guess I have 2 options in about a year - get that 240 I've had my eyes on or find someone who has a really big tank and needs a new really big fish :)

Well - for now, he looks pretty happy.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom