Anyone have more than one tank in their livingroom??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 5G in my kitchen, 10G in my son's room, 2 10Gs in my living room and 2 20Gs long in my bedroom. The only reason why I have 2 of my 20G in my bedroom is because, my bedroom has more room for tanks than my living room. Hehe. Fortunate me! :)

Copachick said:
Wow nice lol. What all kinds of fish ate in those tanks

120 cichlids
80 planted community
33 parrots
33 community
29 livebearers
10 split bettas
10 split bettas
Chi Betta
Terrarium water dragon
And I got a new 300 for Xmas and that will be my first salt

The picture is one wall in my livingroom

That is awesome. Love how uniform it all looks. My jealous monster is awakening.

ryan-peddle said:
120 cichlids
80 planted community
33 parrots
33 community
29 livebearers
10 split bettas
10 split bettas
Chi Betta
Terrarium water dragon
And I got a new 300 for Xmas and that will be my first salt

The picture is one wall in my livingroom

That is awesome!

Can you really have enough tanks in your house???? Really?

I have a 400 litre corner tank in my living room. In my dinning/fish room I have a 3ft x 2ft tank and a 350 litre tank 3ft x 3ft tall! I have a 30 litre fry tank and. 60 litre cold water tank. I have a 6ft x 3ft tall tank ( of which I have issues with) so am replacing. I am also looking at getting racking to hold 4 more 4ft tanks. But that's just the begging !!!! Lol

I met a man tonight that had a fish room in his shed, was awesome, he must have had at least 20 tanks. I'm very jealous . It looked stunning. He had lots of fry, aswell as red devils, frontosa , white lip peacocks, yellow labs, firemouths, bristle nose pleco baby's, and more. All running on homemade bottom filters made of foam and old water bottles with floating media inside , running off a pond air pump.works so well.

I have a 125 gal showcase tank in the living room..a 20 gallon in my room,and a 5.5 qt tank just in case.so I think it's safe to say that i'm an addict..lol

I have a 20 gallon long community, a 10 gallon QT and a 1 gallon brine shrimp hatchery in my living room. I have a 5 gallon planted tank in my bedroom, and will soon have a 40 gallon tank that will either be a SW reef or FW community.

I used to be on a well. My plants did great bc northern Florida wells are so iron rich. High in calcium content too... Nvr heard of dechlorinators till I moved to where it was city water.

It's bad when I start thinking "These fish naturally live in rivers, lakes, oceans, and i'm trying to captivate them in a small 55g". Then I start trying to figure out how to build a lake in the basement..lol. just joking. Maybe a fish pond in the far future.
Does anybody have, or thought about, a seperate savings account just for fish?
Right now i have one 20g, and two 10g, nowhere near what i'm aiming for but have to wait awhile for an upgrade. These things can be costly!

I have a 65gal, a 46gal hexagon and now a 60gal on the way, all in my living room. I showed my son the pic of your wall with all the tanks and he said that's going to be our house in a few months. Lol!

I currently have a 55g, 56g column, 40g breeder, and 20g long (soon to be replaced with another 40breeder) in my living room. By the way, LR is only 12x19'!
Have 2-10g, 2-5g, and 2.5g in the study.
My daughter has 55g and 20g long in her bedroom.
After reading through this post I'm thinking I got a real big empty wall in the dining room/kitchen!! Think I can talk the hubby into another tank? Lol!

Oh and TMills, about that lake in the basement, how bout a river in the living room! I saw something in UTube the other day where they had 2 tanks close together with clear plexi pipe connecting the tanks and the fish would go through from tank to tank...just put tanks all around the room...connect with the pipes and ...woohoo...instant river! just a thought

SherryD said:
Oh and TMills, about that lake in the basement, how bout a river in the living room! I saw something in UTube the other day where they had 2 tanks close together with clear plexi pipe connecting the tanks and the fish would go through from tank to tank...just put tanks all around the room...connect with the pipes and ...woohoo...instant river! just a thought

Wait, like a fish habitrail? I love it! Why don't one of y'all try it and send me pix! ;)

It is hard to do... You would have to drill holes in the sides of the tanks, and use some kind of clear pipe to connect them. You can't make the tunnels go up out of water because they won't stay full of water. Making tunnels attached to the bottom would also be an issue because you would have to make a special stand for the tanks allowing it.

Okay have 3/55's, 3/29's & 75 that line the livingroom so to speak, and well the diningroom is my fishroom

maxwellag said:
It is hard to do... You would have to drill holes in the sides of the tanks, and use some kind of clear pipe to connect them. You can't make the tunnels go up out of water because they won't stay full of water. Making tunnels attached to the bottom would also be an issue because you would have to make a special stand for the tanks allowing it.

Yes you can check out you tube you use an elbow and bring it down about 3/4 of the way into each tank and use a pump to take out the air it's really kool

Look up upside down tanks and aquarium bridge

Back
Top Bottom