anyone heard of a 5-ft 100 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting gready to buy a 5-ft, 100 gallon tank (60X20X20). Anyone have much experience with this size?

I bought a used 5 ft. tank last year. It came with two common plecos and 1 silverdollar. All are still alive. Plus I have added the following:

1 more pleco that got to big for my brother's tank.
4 neons (have lost 2)
2 more silver dollars
2 albino cory cats, 3 julii cory cats, 4 black tetras, and yesterday I added two clown loaches to help get rid of those horrid little snails that mutiply with or without a partner!! :evil:

Nothing exotic just a peaceful community. :D

Because the Pleco's have so much waste, I have 2 filters, a Fluval 404 and a Whisper OTB for 30 - 70 gallons.

That's an interesting size. Not too high, not too much depth and lots of swimming room! What are you planning on stocking?

I have that five foot length..I am happy with it for its purpose, but if it were a coral tank, lighting would be difficult. As it is, I have 4 ft lights centered. My eels are in it. I believe I found this size at a petsmart.

Hara said:
I havent seen five ft vho tubes either...

you can alternate 4 footers from side to side.. was my first thought..
but.. I suppose the 140watt ones are 5 foot..

If I know Dax this will be a mumba hap tank..
but its a perfect size for that hippo tang Id like to have :( LOL

Where do you find a hood to put the 5 footers in? Can't seem to find a hood that takes VHO. Would it just be the standard hood?

I'm gonna use 2, 4-ft bulbs in addition to the 2, 2ft lights that came with the tank. I'm gonna build a canopy and add the 2, 4-ft bulbs to that. I've already purchased a ballast. This will be a hap/peacock all-male tank. I'm still working towards setting it up, but I already have the tank and most of the stuff that goes in it. I think 4-ft bulbs should work okay in a 5-ft tank.

Back
Top Bottom