Anyone heard of shark-tail cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SigEpRudy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am buying a 75 gallon complete setup on Saturday off craiglist and hung up the phone a little confused last night. The seller has 3 oak framed 75 gallon tanks with fluval 304 and everything included for $100 each. I will have my pick of tanks and he described them to me quickly. I am looking for a home for my 4 juvenille cichlids (white tail acei, Yellow Lab, Auratus & Blue Dolphin) that are currently in a 29 gallon. He is including the fish with the tanks as he moved and can't take the tanks.

One tank is a breeding convict tank so I doubt that will work. The second I don't remember honestly. But the third he called a shark-tailed or shark-finned cichlid tank. I have searched everywhere bit can't find anything close. Have any of you heard of such a thing?

While I have the thread open, could I add my fish (once larger than 3 inches or so) to the convict tank?

Probably something else that was confused with a cichlid, like a red tail shark or something, otherwise I'm unaware of any cichlids commonly kept with shark in their name.

As for your stock with convicts, the answer is no. Different levels of aggression will be the death of your tank, especially if it's a breeding pair of convicts, which are notoriously feisty

I am guessing red tailed shark. Uneducated people will call anything cichlids that can go in a cichlid tank.

Here is the fish he was calling a shark cichlid. What is it? I now have 6+ generations of them in my new tank of mixed cichlids.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131102_203200.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131102_203200.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20131102_203304.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131102_203304.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 105
out of all things to call a shark cichlid lol. They are one of the most docile cichlids but they make great parents. I don't own any but I like them allot.

Well I have about 20 or 30 of them in there now if you find yourself in NW Ohio...

Thanks for the offer but I don't have the room at the moment. With that many you are going to be exploding with them :)

Back
Top Bottom