Anyone know what this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBones

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have these brown spiny things growing on the underside of my Java Ferns. I'm not sure what it is or where it came from.

Does anyone know and should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3140857913.jpg
    image-3140857913.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 92
Sorry wasn't the clearest pic. Lets try this one.

Attachments

• image-1633360049.jpg
    image-1633360049.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 86
Plantlets emerge from mature leaves on java ferns..leave em on the mother leaf until they detatch&then then attatch them to DW or rock structures..

Plantlets emerge from mature leaves on java ferns..leave em on the mother leaf until they detatch&then then attatch them to DW or rock structures..

Really? That's amazing! I never would have thought those were new shoots. Thank you very much! I'll stop trying to rub them off now. :)

I have this big tall shoot from my Amazon Sword. When and where should I trim it so that I can replant it?

Thx!

Attachments

• image-3652877296.jpg
    image-3652877296.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 54
Sorry wasn't the clearest pic. Lets try this one.

When taking photos of an aquariums up close, it's best to use the macro setting(granted you're using a proper camera). The water magnifies and distorts the lens on the camera. Macro, for some reason counteracts this. Nifty little trick I learned.

When taking photos of an aquariums up close, it's best to use the macro setting(granted you're using a proper camera). The water magnifies and distorts the lens on the camera. Macro, for some reason counteracts this. Nifty little trick I learned.

Well these were all taken with an iPhone but the blurriness comes from the fact they were waving in the current. I will keep it in mind though, thx!

The shoots cut them just bellow the new plantlet.

Ok thanks, I'll wait a while longer too. There are some shoots a little farther down the stalk forming too. I need to feet a bit more though, I realise that.

Back
Top Bottom