Anyone use Aqueon LED in planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobbieHadley

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering if anyone uses the Aqueon modular LED lights for their planted tanks, and if so how well it works? I'm new to planted tanks, and am starting off small in a 10 gal using fluorescent lights, but if all goes well I want to switch out the fake plants in my 55 gal with real plants, and I currently use the Aqueon LEDs (one day light set) on it.

I was wondering if anyone uses the Aqueon modular LED lights for their planted tanks, and if so how well it works? I'm new to planted tanks, and am starting off small in a 10 gal using fluorescent lights, but if all goes well I want to switch out the fake plants in my 55 gal with real plants, and I currently use the Aqueon LEDs (one day light set) on it.

Fluorescent lights work better than LEDs in a planted aquarium. Aqueon LEDs are capable of growing plants that don't require as much light. In a proper planted aquarium you should always use fluorescent lighting. I have tried the LEDs myself and they don't work nearly as good as fluorescents do. You should have luck with your planted 10 gallon if you have the right fluorescent bulb and I would not change them over to you 55.

Fluorescent lights work better than LEDs in a planted aquarium. Aqueon LEDs are capable of growing plants that don't require as much light. In a proper planted aquarium you should always use fluorescent lighting. I have tried the LEDs myself and they don't work nearly as good as fluorescents do. You should have luck with your planted 10 gallon if you have the right fluorescent bulb and I would not change them over to you 55.

Go get your self cheap t-5 fixture. look up oddyssea dual t-5ho 48'' fixture. I have one but am upgrading soon. It works great and I can grow almost anything. I got it for around $60 on amazon. No, Flourecents are not better than LEDs. The LED technology needed to grow plants extremely well. Look at river cats tanks lit by build my LEDs and tell me that LEDs don't work then. I myself am ordering a Build my LED because of the superior light output and par ratings. T-5 is by far the more affordable option but nice LEDs are the best.

Go get your self cheap t-5 fixture. look up oddyssea dual t-5ho 48'' fixture. I have one but am upgrading soon. It works great and I can grow almost anything. I got it for around $60 on amazon. No, Flourecents are not better than LEDs. The LED technology needed to grow plants extremely well. Look at river cats tanks lit by build my LEDs and tell me that LEDs don't work then. I myself am ordering a Build my LED because of the superior light output and par ratings. T-5 is by far the more affordable option but nice LEDs are the best.

No LED light can give off the same natural daylight effect that a fluorescent can. Sure the fluorescents might be outdated now but I've tried growing plants in one of my aquariums with the marineland LEDs and after a week They started dying. In my other tank I can grow my Cabomba plants a lot easier with the fluorescents and they don't die.

Back
Top Bottom