API Test Tube stoppers bulk buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks so much. I think I can safely say that your time and effort is greatly appreciated by everyone here.

Thanks for all the positive feedback :)

The last set of plastic "plug style" stoppers should arrive today and I'll do a quick test during my weekly PWC this evening.

Seeing how they were shipped to me, the shipping rates will probably go down, as they seemed to make it to me unscathed in a bubble-padded envelope. I'm not sure what the post office charges to ship stuff in one of them, but I'd imagine it's less than $5.

Does anyone know where I can get more tubes? Preferably plastic? The leaky caps have cause me to drop my last two :(

Does anyone know where I can get more tubes? Preferably plastic? The leaky caps have cause me to drop my last two :(

The place I'm looking at getting the stoppers from also sells clear plastic tubes. I have the ID and OD measurements, so finding a close match shouldn't be hard...B/C of the shipping charge, it probably isn't worth buying just 2, but I might be able to grab some along w/ the stoppers. The only thing is that these don't have a 5mL mark on them.

The place I'm looking at getting the stoppers from also sells clear plastic tubes. I have the ID and OD measurements, so finding a close match shouldn't be hard...B/C of the shipping charge, it probably isn't worth buying just 2, but I might be able to grab some along w/ the stoppers. The only thing is that these don't have a 5mL mark on them.

Well I don't have ANY test tubes, so i would need 4 or 5.

And how much would those be total for 4?

Well I don't have ANY test tubes, so i would need 4 or 5.

And how much would those be total for 4?

If I did a bulk buy (which I would have to do to meet the minimum order req't with the vendor), anywhere from 10-25 cents each for the tubes, depending on how many I buy and where I buy them from. I might have to ship in a small box though, so they don't get crushed in the mail.

Would anyone else be interested in plastic tubes?

For tubes, I would stick with glass...it is less likely to react with the reagents in the test solutions.

I received the 2nd set of samples today. Unfortunately, only one fit, but at least it was something to compare against the first in my nitrate shake, rattle 'n' roll. Both are the "double flange" type of cap.

This 2nd one that came in is meant to fit both 12mm and 13mm OD tubes, so the flanges are slightly thinner and more flexible so that they can conform to the narrower tubes. They performed as well as the first sample, but the engineer in me is worried that over repeated insertions and retractions, the thinner material may eventually fail to seal well.

Based on that, I'm going to go with the first set. I need to finalize pricing, but it's looking to be about a dime each plus postage, which should be able to go through first class instead of priority mail...

dmolavi said:
For tubes, I would stick with glass...it is less likely to react with the reagents in the test solutions.

I received the 2nd set of samples today. Unfortunately, only one fit, but at least it was something to compare against the first in my nitrate shake, rattle 'n' roll. Both are the "double flange" type of cap.

This 2nd one that came in is meant to fit both 12mm and 13mm OD tubes, so the flanges are slightly thinner and more flexible so that they can conform to the narrower tubes. They performed as well as the first sample, but the engineer in me is worried that over repeated insertions and retractions, the thinner material may eventually fail to seal well.

Based on that, I'm going to go with the first set. I need to finalize pricing, but it's looking to be about a dime each plus postage, which should be able to go through first class instead of priority mail...

I agree, go with the first.

OK, so here is the pricing for the quantities that have been specified so far. These prices include shipping (a best guess; I haven't been to the post office to get official prices..I might lose a little with this, esp on the larger quantities).
Code:
Number      Price
6           $2.70 
8           $2.90 
10          $3.10 
12          $3.30 
20          $4.10 
24          $4.50
These are the minimum prices I can offer because of minimum purchase requirements from the manufacturer, feel free to donate extra, I won't complain. :) I need to coordinate with the manufacturer to see what kind of lead time we're talking if everyone is on board.

dmolavi said:
OK, so here is the pricing for the quantities that have been specified so far. These prices include shipping (a best guess; I haven't been to the post office to get official prices..I might lose a little with this, esp on the larger quantities).
Number Price
6 $2.70
8 $2.90
10 $3.10
12 $3.30
20 $4.10
24 $4.50These are the minimum prices I can offer because of minimum purchase requirements from the manufacturer, feel free to donate extra, I won't complain. :) I need to coordinate with the manufacturer to see what kind of lead time we're talking if everyone is on board.

That sounds pretty good to me. How do you want payment?

Paypal direct, yes. But my account does not accept credit cards. Once I get everything assembled, I will post here to arrange the details.

I found these rubber toppers at a local gag shop called Archie McPhees. 15-30 cents a piece.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130204_211852.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130204_211852.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom