Apisto juvies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudraker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are some poor shots of my Mother’s Day present: some very young Microgeophagus Ramirezi Cichlids from wild parents! I got seven, and they are about a half inch long, a couple a little longer but not much.

They are super hard to photograph because they are pretty small and still really skittish. But I’m too excited not to post pics now, even if they aren’t that good of a shot.

The bottom photo is a shot of the parents from the breeder.

dc three.jpg

df last.jpg

fwapisto1302719942.jpg

Thanks, I've been dying to aquire some dwarf cichlids for a long time.

I've always had large cichlids, this is my first experience with juvies.

cool sounds awesome and should be easy german blue rams are great parents until they wanna breed again.

Yeah, I'm not so sure I'm going to let these pair off. I may sell a few off after they are sexable.

Are you planning to breed your apistos when you get them?

They're GBR's, not apistos though.

Yeah, I know that. I'm just showing my age. Back in the day, almost all dwarf cichlids were classified as apistos and I still think of them as such.

I was super excited and after I posted I knew someone would tag me on that :)

These fry are f2 from unrelated wild parents, so they don't have that brilliant blue of the gbr most widely available commercially.

I'm hoping they'll be less delicate than what's available at LFS.

Very nice fish. Congrats! I still think of rams as apistos too.

Beautiful fish, and an awesome Mother's Day present for sure! No one took my hint about aquatic related presents. Maybe next year. :)

Those are some beautiful fish. If only I wasn't going to college in a year, I would have a pair of my own.

Awesome fish. And awesome that you got a wild type.

Thanks dude

I'm hoping they'll be hardier than GBR that are farm bred. I've held out on getting any till I could get a decent strain from a breeder.

Heck, if you could get all the way up here from Tennessee, I'd give you one. lol.

I get fish mailed to me every summer, but I have never been brave enough to mail one to someone else. :) Too chicken I guess...

I can't send my 10 year old on a plane alone.. it's a similar feeling for me with fish. I am too worried something will happen on the way.

Heck, everyone needs a trip to Alaska. :D

Back
Top Bottom