Aponogeton Bloom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I think my Apon that I started as a bulb and that is now in my 10g may be about to bloom. I was wondering, should I let it bloom? I read somewhere on some kind of plant (I can't remember if it was an apon or not lol) that you shouldn't let it bloom because either it would use up too much energy or produce too many seedlings. This was a few years back where ever I read it, so I can't remember it that well, that's why I wanted to ask you guys. I can post pics later if you want. Thanks. :)

i have let mine. any time i can get my plants to flower its something different and i like it. you can just cut it to stop it. dont think you have to worry about too many seeds. reproduction tends to use up a lot of energy in all things.

Thanks. I'll try it since I've never seen it happen in aquatic plants before (other than your anubias lol). Here are some pics. Sorry about the algae
img_1094200_0_2fd45e05335c2740e0976757fa4c438c.jpg

img_1094200_1_0b7286693d228d6f9e2e100183e4fa6e.jpg

i have had amazon swords flower Madagascar lace flower for me. its not often seen since the majority of the time the plants are under water and it doesnt happen often.

cool. so do you think that's a flower? I don't know what else it could be but it hasn't showed many signs of being a flower lol

I had a sword put a flower all the way on the surface, it was real cool. That looks like it will get heavy then bend and start a new plant a foot away from the original.

Back
Top Bottom