aptasia help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h20addict

Aquarium Advice Regular
So iv had a long going with aptasia in three tanks that i have. I have been keeping it at bay using aptasia x, iv tried lemon juice,boiling water, pep shrimps before my lion arrived. and i even have a file fish.
It got so bad i had to tear down and bleach my 120..
I dont want to go through that again with my 75.
I will try anything, thanks guys.
Goes back to boiling water and lemon juice...

Not sure what the question is but I understand the aiptasia is getting out of control and you are still fighting it. The thing to understand with aiptasia is that it will quickly spread out if you physically touch and remove it from your tank. They have this ability to release their seeds or whatever you call it when disturbed or sensing danger of their existense. That is why when using Aiptasia X it is emphasized to slowly approach with syringe and quickly release the medication before they rhave time to react and release their seeds.

The question is what else can i do?
Iv used many bottles of aptasia x. Kill 20, 5 come back...
And i am doing it as you described.
Im on the verg of buying berghina nudibranches

One guy on here said he uses coral glue, that is what I m going to try next.when they sink down in there hole, he just glues them in, to never populate or come out again! It is like they are storm troopers and you are Luke Skywalker. Keep pressing on! Win the good fight!

Recently I have been looking into using laser pointers to fry them.. I found out about this method from someone trying to control xenia, but apparently there is success with aiptasia as well.. I don't know a lot about it as I just found out about it couple of days ago, but after a couple of google searches, there seems to bee a lot if results!!

Recently I have been looking into using laser pointers to fry them.. I found out about this method from someone trying to control xenia, but apparently there is success with aiptasia as well.. I don't know a lot about it as I just found out about it couple of days ago, but after a couple of google searches, there seems to bee a lot if results!!

Thats interesting, im curious as to if this works. If you try it let us know if it works please!

Not sure what you have in your tank but my valentini puffer demolish mine in no time

I've got a bunch of peppermint shrimp. But no luck with them eating aptasia. Got a filefish and copper band. Both don't touch it. Hit and miss I guess. Frustrating. Thinking of nudibranches.

Thats interesting, im curious as to if this works. If you try it let us know if it works please!

I don't have any plans in trying it any time soon, just came across it and thought it was interesting.. There's some fun videos to watch on YouTube.. Check em out!

Back
Top Bottom