aqua clear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just purchased three aqua clear HOTs. A 50, and two 30s. I'm loving them. They're quiet and have three zones. After I fishless cycle our new 20 gal. freshwater tank the three glow fish from our old 10 gal and two red wags with join the tank with fancy guppies. Can't wait but I will.

Good for You!

I love Aqua Clear filters myself. I find them so much better than Whisper filters. I'm getting ready to post a question re Aqua Clears, so you might want to check it out.

Your fish will love going from a 10 to a bigger tank!!!

As a former DC'er, how are the crabs?????

former DCer

The crabs are small but meaty. I understand that a bushel can cost up to 125.00. I know it was a long time ago but I remember having dock parties at the marina with 4 or 5 bushels for the picking. I don't think that happens today.

The fishless cycle is my first I'm hoping it pans out. I do have a reading of .025 nitrites the last two days. Hope it continues.

My gosh, I remember 30 odd years ago when you could get a great mess of crabs for $5 or so. Inflation, I guess.

i've never done a fishless cycle before, but I know there is stuff you can put in the water that matures a tank really fast. Are you planning to put in a hardy fish before adding your 10 gal friends?

No. I've added clear ammonia and seeded the tank with already cycled gravel and an ornament for the 10 gal tank that's up and running. Now it's way and see. I think if there is reincarnation I'd like to come back as a person who cycles tanks. I love the scientific end of this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom