Aquaclear tips and tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll work on getting some pics posted. Sorry about your puffer how old was he?

mikan1089 said:
I'll work on getting some pics posted. Sorry about your puffer how old was he?

Rather new, my fault tried to quick cycle so I could have it all set up for when she got back from business. And I'm looking forward to pics.

Thanks! My puffers like the sand to they always sleep on the bottom. On my old tank I had gravel and they wouldn't even go close to it.

The AC's are great filters but personally I find the flow to be high, even on the lowest setting, and it causes (at least for me) a lot of microbubbles in the tank which made the water look cloudy and frustrated me, so I added a filter pad to the outflow of the filter, so the water runs down through the pad into the tank: How to get rid of those tiny bubbles from HOB filters The pad will get dirty very quickly so I change it out every few weeks or so.

Now keep in mind this will reduce splashing and therefore possibly oxygen exchange; I also run a separate canister filter and an air stone. If you use this method with just the AC keep an eye on your fish to ensure they aren't gasping at the top.

Back
Top Bottom