AquaClear vs Fluval

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, it isn't challenging to prime it. Just a pain to fill the reservoir, reach down and plug the filter in, then keep pouring in a bit of water until it gets going.

adadkins1 said:
I agree, it isn't challenging to prime it. Just a pain to fill the reservoir, reach down and plug the filter in, then keep pouring in a bit of water until it gets going.

Hehe I have this kinda covered cuz everything is on a power strip so all I do is flip it on but yes pouring water in and doing that is going to be a challenge!

Derekkaine said:
Um id vote for a fluval
Internal filter for zero noise? And no sound like somone is peeing into my tank. U can reuse the sponges and u can cut after market poly pads cut to fit to save money.

I want an HOB filter. I hate the current internal one I have now. I'm ok with the sound I love the sound of the water running I just hate the hum of it

caitlynnanne9189 said:
I want an HOB filter. I hate the current internal one I have now. I'm ok with the sound I love the sound of the water running I just hate the hum of it

also it you fill the water high enough it doesn't make very much sound at all ... I run 4 hobs, 2 are aqua clears... within 10 feet of my bed .. I don't hear the HOBS, I hear the bubbles from my air stones

If the tank is full it wont make any noise. Ive used HoB's and I dont mind priming etc i just find when the impeller gets noisy its not worth bearing the noise. I enjoy a silent tank.

The last time I did a Pwc I didn't even touch my aquaclear hob filter. I can't ever remember what it did to be honest lol.

I don't think it even stopped, or else I would have noticed it stop. But maybe it did. I have no idea lol

Hopefully I didn't damage its motor or anything by not turning it off.

Fish24907 said:
The last time I did a Pwc I didn't even touch my aquaclear hob filter. I can't ever remember what it did to be honest lol.

I don't think it even stopped, or else I would have noticed it stop. But maybe it did. I have no idea lol

Hopefully I didn't damage its motor or anything by not turning it off.

Hopefully! I know that the HOB has to be primed before it will run usually! Maybe you didnt get the water past the intake tube! Let's hope!

Hopefully! I know that the HOB has to be primed before it will run usually! Maybe you didnt get the water past the intake tube! Let's hope!

Hmm...maybe that's what happened. I don't think the water in my tank would have gotten below the bottom of the intake tube.

I dont turn mine off. 30% is pretty much exactly where the intake stops. So once it gets to the bottom of the intake I refill it. DUH! haha

Yeah, I don't turn mine off for PWC's. I just do it to when I need to do filter maintenance like rinsing out the media or fixing a rattling impeller.

adadkins1 said:
Yeah, I don't turn mine off for PWC's. I just do it to when I need to do filter maintenance like rinsing out the media or fixing a rattling impeller.

May I ask you how to do that? Fix a rattling impeller. Just in case it happens to me!

Sometimes I just have to take out the filter media and put it in some tank water. Then just take the intake tube out and make sure the impeller assembly is properly situated. Sometimes a little jiggle or two and put it back together. Like skywhitney said, sometimes you can't fix it unfortunately.

adadkins1 said:
Sometimes I just have to take out the filter media and put it in some tank water. Then just take the intake tube out and make sure the impeller assembly is properly situated. Sometimes a little jiggle or two and put it back together. Like skywhitney said, sometimes you can't fix it unfortunately.

Ok so I guess I'll just hope that it dosnt do that! :D I have another question about a filter! I hate my 3 gallon filter as well. It's the same tetra filter but smaller. Abby suggestion for a different one of those?

adadkins1 said:
Red Sea Deco Art Nano will not disappoint for a 1-5g tank, especially since you can get it for $15. I use it on both of my Betta tanks (2.5g Hex and 5.5g) and it rocks. Filters the tank very well and with the adjustable flow I can keep my Bettas from being blown around. :)

Amazon.com: Red Sea Nano Aquarium Filter: Pet Supplies

Awesome thanks! Is it a filter that's immersed in the water or does it hang on the back.

Back
Top Bottom