Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad you had a good experience with them. My experience was far from stellar, hopefully this is a sign they are fixing their services.

Glad you had a good experience with them. My experience was far from stellar, hopefully this is a sign they are fixing their services.

I had heard months ago that they were kinda shady but so far I have received stellar support. What happened with your experience with them if you don't mind me asking?

No word from them on my order. Hope all goes okay. When I ran my hatchery, I use to order fish from Taiwan. It was always a roll of the dice.
I just added two striped maroon clowns from the LFS and love them. They seem to have already paired and are hosting a basketball sized piece of waving hand polyps. The polyps are almost 12" long, so they can get pretty lost, but it is cool to have clowns again.

They are very cool and move like a Spanish dancer. I had a big tomato clown once that got mean, but these maroons are in a tank with fish that know how to fight. So all has been well so far.

My maroons are nice to everyone, but can stand up for themselves is they have to! They aren't very active though, they usually just hover in the same spot, or before I moved the anemone to another tank, would just sit in it.

Everything arrived alive after a 14 hour trip. Ice pack was warm when arrived. Shorted me on a few engineer gobies, but no big deal. Jumbo fire shrimp is just over a inch long. Hate to see a small one! Acclimating now.

I had heard months ago that they were kinda shady but so far I have received stellar support. What happened with your experience with them if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind at all. I ordered two types of zoanthids, Supermans and Fruit Loops. I placed the order and it took them over three weeks to get the order to me.

During that three week time period, I called 5 times trying to find out what was going on with my order. The first two times I called, I was told the order would be shipped tomorrow and I would recieve an email when they shipped. That was the first week, the second week I called and I was told they had no record of my order (third call), and they said they will look for it and call me back later that day to get it fixed. The end of the day comes...and no phone call. I try calling the next day and they refuse to answer my call (must have caller ID), I then called them from my friend's cell phone and wouldn't you know, they answer right away.

I talk to the rep and she tells me they have found my order and will ship it out immediately. I explain to her that if I have to call again I will be cancelling my order, she tells me that she's sorry for everything and they will get it to me asap.

Week 3 begins with a confirmation email that it is shipped and on it's way. I wait all the next day for the arrival to begin acclimation and nothing comes. I call the next day (fifth call) and ask where the package is (they didn't give me a tracking number). They again say they have no record of my order, so at this point I'm pretty well PO'd and after I finally get the reps supervisor on the line they magically find my order. I tell them to cancel it and the supervisor agrees to refund my order and cancel the whole thing. The supervisor said the money will be back on my card in 24-48 hours. I'm thinking it's done at this point.

Well, 3 days later, I come home to a package at my door sitting outside in the snow all day. It was my cancelled order. I tried to call them to get a return claim going but, as usual, wouldn't answer my calls. I opened the box and it wasn't even the right zoanthids I ordered. They had sent me the Green Bay Packers Zoas and the Eagle eyes.

I ended up keeping the zoas they sent me and just vowed to never order from them again. Too much of a PIA to try and get a refund from them.

That's not good. My order came in slightly wrong, but the exquisite wrasse and purple fire fish are spectacular. Less than half the price at LFS.

That's not good. My order came in slightly wrong, but the exquisite wrasse and purple fire fish are spectacular. Less than half the price at LFS.

Glad your happy with your fish. So far mine are doing well as well. :)

My coral banded has already molted since yesterday. lol Every shrimp I put in always molts like the next day, must be something in my water.

Oh, and I just got home with my new tank, very excited. Went to a half dozen stores looking for stuff and a stand and have come up empty so far.

I just stopped home for a minute so I will be going out again this time in the opposite direction on my continued hunt for stuff. lol

I plan on ordering my base rock this weekend and some other items.

Also the tank came with a marina slim filter, anyone have one of these? It says its rated for 20g but I wanted to put the aquaclear 30 on it, think it would make a difference? Or should it be fine? It looks really cool its soo slim.

Pictures will be up after I unload it from the car. Bad boy is heavy!

This was the same company that I had trouble with a few months ago on a order.., once I told them I was going to cancel my order than they were real nice... Well packed delivery though...

So it;s hit or miss it seems. lol I;m still waiting to see if I get a credit for my two dead shrimp. that will determine whether I order from them again. The shipping is super cheap for me in florida and they have some weird fish that I;d like to get. lol

Back
Top Bottom