Aquacon Order arrived!! Warning lots of pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couple of recent photos, even though my 2010 copyright is still on the images.

Attachments

• image-2220370058.jpg
    image-2220370058.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 177
  • image-1802746409.jpg
    image-1802746409.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 212
  • image-3094352312.jpg
    image-3094352312.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 187
  • image-3563101738.jpg
    image-3563101738.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 180
First one is Simon, my 30 year old Blue and Gold
2nd one is a Owl named Owliver, he lives at the University of Missouri Raptor Rehab Facility where I try to volunteer.

Attachments

• image-2133373119.jpg
    image-2133373119.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 174
  • image-847172744.jpg
    image-847172744.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 178
Gregcoyote said:
First one is Simon, my 30 year old Blue and Gold
2nd one is a Owl named Owliver, he lives at the University of Missouri Raptor Rehab Facility where I try to volunteer.

Thanks man,beautiful.

I've never ordered from Aquacon, I've only ever ordered from LiveAquaria.com and Saltwaterfish.com.

By far LiveAquaria's fish/inverts arrive in the best shape/health.

They are NOT the cheapest, but I've had the best luck with survival rate and health. When something does die, they will refund the money to my credit card and not force me to take a store credit that they wont let me use with any other coupons like Saltwaterfish.com does.

I now only order live goods from LiveAquaria.com

-TheChad

Will try them the next time. The prices these guys had on special were pretty good. But was shorted a few gobies and no response from them so far.

yep, I havent heard from them about my two dead shrimp. sent the email with pictures within hours of receipt. Even called twice to confirm that they received the email with just the answering machine. :-(

Not happy so far, but we'll see what monday brings.

I came out okay anyway. Everything I got was alive and even eating now, except no sign of the exquisite wrasse. My royal gramma really gave him heck. The fish and shrimp would have cost twice as much as at our LFS, which is very small.

Just getting the clowns was a good enough deal for me, it kinda makes up for the dead shrimp BUT I will not order again if I don't get some sort of contact from them. I wanted to buy more fish and some corals but if their customer service sucks then I'm out. Great prices or not. lol

That is why I continue to order from LiveAquaria.com. As I said they are NOT the cheapest online dealer, but they are the best.

They are ALWAYS cheaper then my LFS.

I just recieved my order from them last week and the only item that was smaller then I expected based on their description was my Diamond watchman goby. Everything else I recieved was actually larger then I expected.

EVERYTHING I got was healthy, obviously well fed and very lively. I did have a small flame angle die after 2 days, I don't know why he died, I'll have to guess stress. I contacted them and recieved a credit within hours of wrighting the email.

-TheChad

I woyuld agree that liveaquaria is probably the best online dealer as far as customer service. BUT their prices are comparbale towhat I pay locally, evenhigher in some cases. Aquacon is located a few hours away from me in Florida so I gave them a shot.

The prices of the things I did order were absolutely obscenely cheap so that was another reason.

Shrimp and inverts going in the mail is always a gamble in my opinion, out of the 10 things I ordered 2 didnt make it and they were both shrimp. And very tiny ones at that. Alot smaller than I would have thought.

Asn long as I get my credit I will probably buy from them again. The packing and shipping were excellent. It's also liek 100 degrees down here so livestock not making it is not really a huge surprise.

Now if the clowns had been doa I would have had a fit and crossed them off my list forever. LOL

Just waiting to see how their customer service is. I ordered from petsolutions a few months ago and had a doa 1/2 inch fish and they took about 2 days to get me my credit. I can be patient and understanding to a degree. :-D

I have ordered from aquacon twice, first time I got an overstressed flame angel who didn't make it through the night. They replaced her on my most recent shipment and the new one is AWESOME!! However, I ordered a bubble coral this time and it wasn't there. They emailed me back about it the next day and said they held it at the last minute because the bubbles didn't look so good. Now I wouldve known that if they'd included a PACKING SLIP! Currently waiting on my refund... :: tapping fingers::

Like everything else, there is a price to be paid by going on the cheap. If Monday goes by without any action, I will step it up a notch. I spend a lot of time setting things straight, so they will get pretty sick of me fast. It's less than $10 in my case. But my exquisite wrasse hasn't shown back up from hiding and it was pretty pale after the trip. The purple fire fish (my favorite) is even eating pellets.

I also paid with a credit card as I alwasy do so I have that protection as well. They almost alwasy side with the cardholder if it comes down to it.

Boy,..when I posted about the trouble I had with an order from a Internet lfs a few months ago, everyone was asking me what dealer it was so they wouldn't order from them...will, after my little debacle I figured I was just one of those orders out of a hundred that might have got screwed up,..so I never brought up their company's name,...but after seeing how many folks here are having trouble with the same company it makes one really wonder about their customer service after all ,... it's a shame,..because in my case ,when the order did arrive it was packed beautifully and the coral were as advertised... Hopefully everyone's issues will be solved soon.

I'll update my situation tomorrow as I will be emailing AND calling again. I buy alot of stuff andi t's really their loss if they screw me over. Not to mention I won't be kind on the forums when their name is mentioned. But I;m still giving them the benfit of the doubt. Things happen, orders get mixed up but as long as they are good about it I don't really mind. I;m a very easy going person unless I get the short end of the stick, then I;m heck on wheels and relentless...lol

They are literally the only place that I've seen that sells twospot goby pairs, so when I want them, I need to order from them...

Back
Top Bottom