aquarium fish international magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While I hate to see any business fail I can't say I'll miss the magazine, the quality of content and photos has declined in recent years. The only reason I continued was it only $10 a year, something is better than nothing.

Amazonas is amazing, the content is great and the photography is spectacular. It's a shame that it's only 6 issues per year, so AFI and TFH have to keep my satisfied during the long strech.

Last edited:
HUKIT said:
While I hate to see any business fail I can't say I'll miss the magazine, the quality of content and photos has declined in recent years. The only reason I continued was it only $10 a year.

Amazonas is amazing, the content is great and the photography is amazing. It's a shame that it's only 6 issues per year, so AFI and TFH had to keep my satisfied during the long strech.

Good to know ill be ordering it shortly :)

This is almost as bad as when my female glofish died with eggs still in her belly.

According to the website, you'll be receiving a letter with instructions. It will most likely offer you the choice between changing your sub to one of their other publications, an online sub, or a prorated refund. Just guessing. My sub lapsed a few months ago and I didn't bother renewing due to lack of content. AFI was after the new to the hobby and the internet (and forums such as this) made them obsolete. IMO

I was subscribed to that magazine into March 2014...wonder what's gonna happen with that.

I'd call in and cancel and request a refund of unmailed issues ASAP. Beat the rush.

I had just subscribed Sunday and called to cancel when I found out about their closure this week. They were still accepting new subscriptions and charging CCs after they decided to close the magazine. That's not cool.

The lady I talked to said had I not cancelled they'd have swapped me over to Dog Fancy in November. From fish to Dog Fancy. No thanks.

They refunded my card next day, minus $2.50. My subscription fee was 14.99, they refunded 12.49. That better mean I'm getting the two last issues, Sept and Oct. Otherwise I'll just flag my card's transaction for fraud.

Thanks for posting this, I would've never known lol I was subscribed through March next year :/

Back
Top Bottom